Incredible and hypnotic freestyle skateboarding from Isamu Yamamoto, 17

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/28/incredible-and-hypnotic-freest.html

3 Likes

Slick. Double deck dancing!

5 Likes

Yesterday I kicked a chair trying to avoid tripping on a shoe and had to sit down for a couple of minutes to get my bearings.

13 Likes

Do that with two chairs and you could make the finals

6 Likes

And there was a chair right fucking there!
Well done I say.

4 Likes

And it was the very shoe the Dr was looking for to begin with.

2 Likes

You and me both, pal. You and me both. My wife and I refer to ourselves as “wounded gazelles” because we’re just that graceful.

1 Like

Eveyone else on the planet:

SBfail

5 Likes

I think I pulled a groin muscle watching him step on that second skateboard.

2 Likes

That is astonishing. The moment where the boards get out of control for a moment, and he just hauls them back under control with pure strength of groin. Awe-inspiring.

3 Likes

incredible.

and that guy in the background in the red pants, texting away, not even watching, is the best example of “DUDE, PRESENT MOMENT, you’re missing something incredible, put down your phone!” that i’ve seen in awhile.

2 Likes

Eh, he’s extremely talented, but he doesn’t flow as well as Rodney Mullen. I love that Isamu is using a Powell deck.

I’m guessing the local skaters have seen this routine, and it’s pieces, dozens of times maybe a hundred. Dude is probably texting angrily about having to wait his turn.

Amazing skills! But why do most of the shots cut out the skater’s head? It might be an artistic choice, but to me, it feels like objectification.

1 Like

Damn. Don’t think I have enough karma to come back and do that :frowning_face:

1 Like

Don’t know. I wasn’t involved in making the video.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.