"Incriminating" Catholic Church report: Josef Ratzinger protected pedophile priests before becoming Pope Benedict

Originally published at: "Incriminating" Catholic Church report: Josef Ratzinger protected pedophile priests before becoming Pope Benedict | Boing Boing

4 Likes

What else would anyone expect of Ratzi? Protecting his corrupt institution and his scumbag minions were always his priorities, with the well-being of parishioners a distant third at best.

23 Likes

Jesus wept.

15 Likes

Joey Ratz should rot in hell

9 Likes

Palpatine was evil the whole time?!

24 Likes

Least surprising report ever.

13 Likes

I’d certainly say “damning”; but, empirically, “incriminating” has frequently been a long shot; especially now that he’s skulking in the vatican.

Maybe if if we were talking about Grand Mufti Muhammed Al-Ratzinger people would be willing to send in the low-acoustic-signature helicopters and neutralize a few swiss guard; but we haven’t seen the same willingness when dealing with catholics.

4 Likes

I so want to link a Tim MInchin song here but I am not sure how the admins will react. Anyway, you all know which one I mean :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

/s

16 Likes

I could have sworn this was already well known, but I guess maybe it was just strongly suspected without proof.

5 Likes

It’s long been suspected that this is the reason Pope Benedict XVI was the first Pope in the entire 2000-year-long history of the Church to resign the position.

22 Likes

Now why don’t Churches/Religions pay taxes?

12 Likes

I’m reasonably sure the song in question was posted on the main page more than once back in the day.

2 Likes

Does the Vatican have prison cells?

6 Likes

Just going to leave this here…

2 Likes

That was pretty much the entire plot of the (excellent) movie ‘Two Popes’ that came out a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

(I’m shocked this GIF hasn’t already been posted.)
4ac|nullxnull

7 Likes

It´s all over the news here in Germany.
Well, it´s the catholic church, ´nuff said.

5 Likes

Why is anyone surprised?
This has been going on for more than a very literal thousand years in the “church”.
One has only to read the endless litany of Papal Bulls about lying priests, thieving priests, seducing priests over a very long history.

The cloak of religious sanctity covers a multitude of sins and evil in every religion I have ever examined.

4 Likes

jemaine|nullxnull

2 Likes