Insane Clown Posse selling a "Fuck Your Rebel Flag" T-shirt

Thx to this post and the older one linked below, I recognize and rectify my misconception about ICP. i really had the wrong idea of …whatever i thought it was about. Im actually very very soothed by the notion – total underdog heroes. Really needed somethin encouraging like this tonight. Thx :slight_smile:The juggalos, class struggle, and the left | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Isn’t it rich?

4 Likes

I like to think of it like clowns vs. ass-clowns.

(and this is truly the most absurd timeline in which I find myself on the Juggalo side more and more…)

6 Likes

15 Likes

Let me just take this to its logical conclusion: they’re already here.

4 Likes

The answer to the ‘who is Antifa?’ question is the easiest to answer; it’s likely to be everyone’s who reads and comments on boingboing, in fact everyone globally who is against anyone who’s alt-Right, neo-Nazi, Fascist, or supports those sorts of ideologies.
Which is why Angry Tinkerbell’s demand that Antifa be officially classified as a terrorist organisation is so laughable, because a), he doesn’t have the power, and b), there’s no organisation to outlaw, it just doesn’t exist!
It’s just a loose coalition of like-minded people around the world. I’d seriously want to ask anyone in the US who rants about ‘Antifa’ what their dad or granddad did during WW2, and who’s side they fought on!

8 Likes

I agree with your assessment. Other than “fascism is bad” you would be hard pressed to find a common thread that runs through everyone. Just clusters of ideals with overlap. It is why branding them as terrorists or anything else is ridiculous. But everyone needs nice neat little labels in their heads so they can brand everyone.

You could just ask. “Are you against fascism?” If they say yes, say, “Congrats, you’re part of Antifa.”

4 Likes
9 Likes

Clown shoes for Industry!

2 Likes

Hip hop is part of ICP’s musical background… class plays a role, too. Not fake “working class” like the duck dynasty assholes, but real working class people…

1 Like

I was going to say, I met Violet J and his daughter at Midwest Furfest, so… I’m pretty sure the band’s members lean to the left.

2 Likes

On one hand you have Nazis, boogalosers, and slavery fanbois.
On the other you have people who like music I don’t like and who don’t like fascists.

The fascists want me, my wife, our families, our friends and colleagues dead, enslaved or exiled.
The other guys you have people who do their odd thing together, don’t want to kill anyone, and wear clown makeup

The good guys here aren’t exactly hard to identify.

Oh yeah, the Juggalos have been consistently racially and LGBTQ inclusive for years and were among the first to cancel their concert due to COVID-19 concerns. Sounds like they’re on the right side of history

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.