Insane Clown Posse selling a "Fuck Your Rebel Flag" T-shirt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/17/insane-clown-posse-selling-a.html

10 Likes

Man, ICP is making it really hard for me to continue cracking jokes about Juggalos.

54 Likes

The Boogaloo-Juggalo war of 2020, while sounding hilarious, was a dark time in our nation’s history.

49 Likes

So it’s clowns versus . . . clowns?

20 Likes

Wonder how much of a cross over there is in their respective audiences? Don’t know much about ICP but have always assumed, perhaps wrongly, that their base was mainly poor, disenfranchised whites who also fit right into boogaloo demo.

4 Likes

Life is but a circus, and all of us are the clowns.

9 Likes

But they chose clown makeup and Faygo over guns & camo.

12 Likes

Another reason to be down with the clowns.

2 Likes

Their base is mostly poor, disenfranchised whites. But unexpectedly poor, disenfranchised, young whites from union heavy Midwestern areas and families with traditional left wing ties.

For years organized Juggalo groups have been involved with shit like protection details at Abortion clinics. They tend to have a heavy presence at left wing protests. And since Ferguson they’ve had a strong involvement with BLM often setting themselves up as a human wall/shield to quietly keep police and right wing counter protestors away from the main body of a march. They were present at Charlottesville in the same way. And had some involvement in the Women’s March. They’re quite good at keeping the Black Block in check as well. They basically act as a supportive peace keeping presence at a lot of these things.

It seems to have surprised a lot of people. But there were some quite good deep dives about the phenomenon starting in 2014.

Having known a few dedicated Juggalos over the years it wasn’t a total surprise, but the organized groups and specifics were unexpected.

I’m not sure where the actual band is on politics. They always seemed kinda hinky. But they know who’s paying their bills.

33 Likes

Boogaloos seem more suburban, tiki-torch, khaki types whereas juggalos seem to be more misfits. I definitely prefer juggalos who seem to embrace weird and different over stepford nazis.

17 Likes

I can’t believe it, but I think I’m “down with the clown” on this one!

9 Likes

I think trying to peg down amorphous groups is a futile effort.

Who are Juggalos? Who are Boogaloo Bois? Who is Antifa?

You can’t lock down any one ideology or group make up. You can at best draw Venn diagrams that show the main traits that overlap.

1 Like

I want one, but I wouldn’t wear it. I decided against this one too. nazitrumpsfuckoff

11 Likes

With rear artwork that far down, this shirt’s going to look odd tucked-in …

… which I realize maaaay not be an issue the purchasers of this item are likely to face.

1 Like

I think we’re all bozos on this bus.

9 Likes

Firesign represent!

4 Likes

Don’t crush that Nazi, hand me the pliers.

6 Likes

[Fuck] “Your Rebel Flag” is on their first album, Carnival of Carnage (1992). There is an anti-bigot theme to many songs.

This post is the cause of my work meeting getting spammed with ICP. (The moderator unmuted my mic when I joined.) Thanks @frauenfelder.

10 Likes

They brought it back. It’s an old shirt. I live in the mitten and in my experience Juggalos don’t tend to tolerate racism in the wild.

11 Likes

TIL Michigan is the mitten. :wink:

2 Likes