Instead of plastic bottles, here's drinking water in an edible blob

We are in agreement here.

Though this economically-advantaged solution (of sorts) to an economically-advantaged problem (of sorts) does nothing to alleviate the suffering of any of those truly suffering, by design.

Despite being a Fender man, I will agree :wink:

1 Like

“You put it in your cheek and bite on it. It explodes, so it’s quite a surprising experience.”

‘Pop Rocks’ got that beat!

Although I kinda prefer “inedible blob”. Perhaps I’m just contrarian ^^’ .

1 Like

I suppose if it’s biodegradable, you could shove your reusable straw in it, instead of eating this thing that many people have touched, and possibly fell on the ground.

1 Like

Spring suprise!

3 Likes

I give it a week before a college student figures out how to use a syringe to fill this with alcohol and then stick it up their ass

Honestly this is an interesting concept but any container to keep these from bursting while being hauled around would negate their usefulness

3 Likes

Portion control on space missions. Who needs the added weight of containers? A biodegradable wrapper to market supermarket meat?

Maybe have a dispenser instead of a bowl for people to rummage through (like the chips, snack mix, etc.).

Or maybe shape them so they’re nested and stacked, like cups.

Okay, maybe I’m going too far adding more complexity on an already strained idea…

3 Likes
4 Likes

Scrolling down, became increasingly amazed nobody had pondered The Blob meeting an ‘edible blob’.

Answer? It devours and dissolves

blob

But I left satisfied, right at the end, as you saved the day with that theme tune.

3 Likes

While that is indeed how people think, most would have no problem with the exact same scenario if we were talking about, say, strawberries (which are far dirtier). And almost no one worries about drinking from a can that’s been sitting on a gas station shelf for 6 months.

I think these pods are a dumb idea, but whether an idea makes sense has never been a big factor in the world of food packaging.

5 Likes

Not that Gibson…

2 Likes

The article describes it being used at marathon races, as drinks being given to passing runners. Seems like a pretty good application - they aren’t eating the entire pod (just biting a corner) in most cases, so cleanliness is less of an issue, it’s more about biodegradability.

They also discuss using it to replace plastic ketchup sachets.

5 Likes

I give it less than that. There are already mystery blob cocktail recipes floating around the internet, so I’m sure someone has made use of alternative ingestion methods.

26010808@400-1515596685 \

Omnomnom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.