Internal TSA files reveal that they have no evidence the $1B "behavioral detection" program works

I could swear I’ve heard that exact line from some bureaucratic functionary in a movie, providing much mirth to the protagonists. “You haven’t… spent much time around women, have you.”

ETA: It was Species.

Xavier Fitch: We decided to make it female so it would be more docile and controllable.
Preston Lennox: More docile and controllable, eh? You guys don’t get out much.

3 Likes

Firstly it’s San Bernardino, and also I think you’re attributing malice where other folks see a simple lack of spellchecking.

1 Like

2 Likes

I had a coworker, an accountant, who did some side work for a government contract. The joke in government accounting circles is that they wish they could pocket the “rounding errors,” as all the figures are in millions.

My exhusband ran a military budget and there were “black programs” in his budget that he was not allowed to even talk about, much less discuss the finances of. One notable one was a study of the flow rate of ketchup. Military secret.

4 Likes

Plus a couple of spares for later.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.