Intrusive creepy anti-vaxxer harasses pregnant woman at Walgreens

On my Karen classification, she’s a type II, “vigilante Karen”.

A vigilante Karen is, for one reason or another, decided to take on someone else’s problem, even though there was no problem and/or it’s none of her business. A vigilante Karen wanted to “right a wrong” (mostly in her own head) with her inappropriate behavior, that they know better than their victim(s).

6 Likes

Everything is some kind of chemical! There are chemicals in the water! The water is a chemical! Never ingest or breathe anything; it’s all chemicals! /S

8 Likes

Dihydrogen monoxide is a government plot to turn people into libruls! Stay away from dihydrogen monoxide if you know what’s good for you!

/s

7 Likes

I was wondering the same.

1 Like

Great ripostes there, but she missed some chances to sow a little real cognitive dissonance.

I don’t take advice from someone in line at Walgreens who apparently can’t even take her prescription medicine according to directions

and how do you know what’s in those prescription meds? Don’t take them! Did your doctor tell you to take them? You trust your doctor? Well, hey, b1tch - I go to the same doctor and I trust him too!

Easy enough to google and turn up multiple reports of this.

1 Like

To be fair, I’ve often had the TikTok videos not display at all on BoingBoing posts. Usually, if I refresh, it shows up, but the first time this happened, I was really confused by the post because I didn’t see any video.

2 Likes

That’s not the point. Of course I can google it. But people generally don’t post a story with no references whatsoever.

Others have mentioned that the TikTok video often doesn’t show for them. This is the first time I’ve had that experience, or maybe it’s the first time when there have been no links in the text.

I’ve mostly given up on seeing what tiktok video a post is talking about. Firstly they never show in the bbs view and half the time they don’t load in the blog view either when I’m curious enough to click over. When I try to click through to watch, TikTok doesn’t like that I don’t have their app and the non-app interface is a shit show. Sometimes by the time I get the sound turned on and the video loaded I find that in the process I’ve ended up opening the wrong video. On my phone this all happens at a glacial tempo, so navigating all the way back to try again never feels worth it. Plenty of time to ask myself “do I even fucking care?”

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly my experience as well. I usually don’t bother with TikTok video links any more for that reason. And if I do try to click through, invariably I end up being reminded of why I shouldn’t.

7 Likes

TikTok does not show up for me at work, because it’s a state computer. So if I’m curious I end up searching for it in another format. Usually works.

True. When they do I either accept them at face value and move along, or google it if the story doesn’t seem quite right. I don’t invest a lot of emotional energy in it, tbh.

2 Likes

Good for you. I on the other hand sometimes like to point it out in case the author actually forgot to include a link. As happens not infrequently. I also don’t invest much emotional energy in it.

1 Like

In that case, you could tag the original author with an @ to ensure they see it. Cheers!

2 Likes

Good advice. Here’s some more good advice - check my original post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was my first thought. If they didn’t have a security guard I would have called the Police. That crazy woman was jeopardizing the happy life of an unborn citizen.

2 Likes

Yep. I haven’t been targeted like this yet, except for one very minor incident early on in the pandemic, but seeing the videos makes me want to wear my safety whistle whenever I go out.
Imagine if whenever one of these a-holes started harassing someone, either they or a friendly witness started blowing a whistle to get the attention of store security to call attention to the incident.

2 Likes

And also jeopardizing the happy life of an actual living citizen, right?

6 Likes

You misspelled fetus.

4 Likes

I was using Republispeak: Republispeak is like Newspeak but it is plusgood.

1 Like

On the internet, no one knows you’re a pig.

(Yes, yes, I know, I’m crossing the streams of two dystopian novels.)

3 Likes