A supermarket employee shames a woman for her very normal clothing

Originally published at: A supermarket employee shames a woman for her very normal clothing | Boing Boing

9 Likes

God forbid this incel go outside during summer, or go to the pool or beach

36 Likes

I hope the store fired him. That is some super creep behavior.

49 Likes

what does “this is not a recognized policy” mean, when “this is not policy” or “this is not acceptable employee behavior” would be better?

also, why do the store uniforms look vaguely like police? at first i thought he was security, but he seemed to just be delivering things to shelves ( like the other similarly dressed employee was doing )

so many questions. it would suck and feel completely unsafe to be that shopper

20 Likes

He has trust issues, with himself. Dickhead.

16 Likes

“You’re lucky I wasn’t forced to rape you!”

I would add a sarcasm tag, but I honestly don’t think that’s even a millimeter off the mark.

34 Likes

It is so weird that pretty much all of these stories have extremely “normal” common, every day dress that some how sets these people off.

My mom taught me to mind my own business.

21 Likes

Incel? Religious nut? Not someone you want working at your store.

27 Likes

Yeah. That employee is clearly a danger to any women in that store. A liability issue even if the store ignores doing the right thing.

25 Likes

Both?

11 Likes

Sounds like a religious modesty police type.

8 Likes

He must be terminated immediately.
Else the store is complicit in human rights violations.

2 Likes

Or fired, at least.

24 Likes

And on top of everything else, I can see his piehole, which is a wrong thing; no mask in evidence, while the customer is properly masked. That tells me much of what’s wrong with him. Oh wait; maybe he has a “medical exemption”

(and yes, I know some people really do, but my spidey sense tells me he does not).
He needs to be fired for so many reasons.

31 Likes

That’s more of a US thing at this point, since we’ve fucked up our response so badly and have so many idiots who won’t get the vaccine or die already.

I think this is the UK. They have 75% vaccine coverage, with 80% having at least one shot. They are still having about 35K cases a day, but they are down to under 200 deaths per day, in a country with a population about a fifth of ours.

Most of the world is starting to emerge from the pandemic. We’re going to be stuck in it forever because all the anti-vax anti-mask idiots. (And just guess what that will do to our economy!)

10 Likes

We still have mask mandates in Canada too, which I think is very prudent, even with our fairly respectable vaccine rates, particularly in front facing sectors. It still seems wrong to see the whole of someone’s face, and I have newish co-workers whose face I’ve never actually seen.

14 Likes

But… you can see her toes! (The hussy!)

Seriously though, when she showed her outfit, I couldn’t tell if she was wearing shoes or household slippers, because that would be the only part of her wardrobe that one could even conceivably see as inappropriate, if they aren’t proper shoes. And it’s not exactly much of an issue, since she’s indoors.

There’s a lot of overlap there.

Unfortunately it really isn’t. The UK response to covid has been almost as bad as the US’s, and although there’s apparently not the same anti-vaccination movement (though they still don’t have nearly enough people vaccinated), there is an anti-mask movement, and a lot of people treating the pandemic as being over, which has led to this:

15 Likes

I’m thinking his fully-planned interaction with her was his way of informing and fortifying his later rape fantasy.

3 Likes

[Shocked!] this man has no girlfriend. What comes first, the incel or the misogyny?

2 Likes

Umm, they don’t and that’s just standard Asda staff apparel.

Asda is probably one notch above Lidl and Aldi here in UK in terms of its target market, but is one of the top 4 supermarket chains. Was owned by Walmart for a while before being sold off recently. I have seen much ‘worse’ in our local Asda during the summer, for sure.

This guy really does have a problem. He’d spend all day stopping people if this WAS the policy at Asda - which it certainly ain’t. Somehow, I doubt he was fired but I would be hopeful / confident he was told never to question any customer’s dress ever again or risk being given his marching orders. Frankly I’m surprised he’s lasted this long there, if this is his attitude.

7 Likes