Investors used Clearview AI app as a personal toy for spying on public

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/06/clearview-ai-app-was-used-by-i.html

3 Likes

Non-soul-sucking-registration:

eta: I’d love to see what happens when it tries to ID someone who’s done stock photos. “Works in thousands of happy offices worldwide.”

13 Likes

Then it’s working as it was intended to, to spy on the general public for the funny ha ha’s of the rich.

4 Likes

“I have an app in my phone — in my pocket — right now. It’s a beta app. It’s a facial recognition app. I could hold it up to anybody’s face here and find exactly who you are, what internet accounts you’re on, what they look like,” (Ashton) Kutcher said… -BusinessInsider

7 Likes

I knew without clicking that the grocery store owner was going to be John Catsimatidis. Just knew it.

3 Likes

I liked it better in the old days when rich people sat around sniffing chloroform and destroying their livers.

7 Likes

The only upside of this is people will figure out ways to fool clearview and scam asshats like Kutcher out of their money.

1 Like

Spam Kutcher’s pictures across a cluster of fake sites all confirming his conviction for aggravated cat juggling.

5 Likes

I know it is a stock photo, but I would never hire any of these fools. My ideal office worker has a hunchback and a scowl. These people look too well fed and have too few welts.

Obviously these clearview fuckers and their customers are a group of assholes, would love a website that IDs them for punching later.

2 Likes

Public Notice - I have copywritten my face.

6 Likes

Put it in a letter and send it to yourself.

2 Likes

This seems to be the primary use, even - at least in terms of number of accounts.

I tried that, but it turns out my face isn’t fixed enough.

Welcome to my world. The Elvis Costello version. I used to be amused.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.