Iraq: Chevron evacuates staff from Kurdistan oil site, will Russia's Rosneft benefit?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/06/chevron-evacuates-all-iraq-sta.html

3 Likes

Of course it will. Everything D2S and the Greedy Old Pedos do in foreign policy is for Russia’s benefit these days

9 Likes

Hopefully Chevron wakes up and starts dumping money into the Democrats.

4 Likes

thisisfine.jpeg

2 Likes

But Trump told us he had “secured the oil” and that we were now “safer”!

10 Likes

That’s the same guy that sold those steaks, right?

8 Likes

Milshake

Yeah, probably.

5 Likes

Yeah, but I don’t know why the guy who had lied about everything, always would be lying about this!

3 Likes

I think we can all be confident that seeing how Iran is a Russian ally, Trump got Putin’s permission to kill Soleimani during their recent call. Maybe Soleimani was a roadblock to Putin’s plans in the region? Now along with the benefits to Putin of his demise, oil prices will go up to Russian advantage and the US will be pushed out of Iraq, leaving Russia as the dominant power in the Middle East. Trump and Republican treason reach new lows.

3 Likes

Putin probably told Trump, “If I were you, I’d assassinate that general.”

2 Likes

That’ll show them Libtards.

1 Like

While conspiracy theories are tempting, there’s no need for Rosneft to benefit. There’s not a shortage of opportunities around the world for oil companies and from a quick skim of Chevron’s page on its work in Kurdistan it sounds marginal, it’s “evaluating” resources and the “complex geology” requires advanced technology. Oilfields in Kurdistan are not the same as the major fields in Iraq/Iran/Saudi.

Plus, Chevron is not relinquishing the two blocks, it has just pulled out its expats.

1 Like

Russia AND China.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.