Ireland president speaks seriously while his playful puppy has other ideas

Originally published at: Ireland president speaks seriously while his playful puppy has other ideas | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Miggledeehiggens is a real treasure

14 Likes

“Dignity, always dignity”.
Totally unflappable in the face of a tremendous frisky puppy.

11 Likes

The pup is as Irish as Paddy’s Pig.

7 Likes

The giant acorn in the background dramatically exacerbates my already strong tendency to assume he’s hanging out and drinking tea at Toad Hall.

15 Likes

It’s guy-who-feeds-me!

I love guy-who-feeds-me!

18 Likes

Bernese are gentle giants, one of my aunts used to have some. Pretty active. I think they’re most happy when you give them something to herd. At least walks in the countryside with the extended family were like that.

6 Likes

I was expecting a giant squirrel to dash out of the trees, grab it, and dash into the trees again.

11 Likes

6 Likes

Plenty of deer around there.

4 Likes

Fenton… FENTON!!!

10 Likes

That’s a big acorn.

9 Likes

I have acorn envy now.

7 Likes

Miggeldy is tiny…

6 Likes

My acorn!!

3 Likes

What I see here, is a pup that you know is well-loved =) .

5 Likes

I have one of the Wit - Dignity - Compassion - Dogs badges in this photo from Higgins’ re-election campaign. It was official merch and I loved it. They had a pop-up shop in Dublin with a space for kids to hang out and colour pictured of Brod and Sioda. It was really wholesome (and my cat was missing when I went in and had a long chat, which helped as we just gushed about animals. And we found my cat a day or two later!)

10 Likes

I watched it with the sound off and all I could think is why are you not stopping to tell that dog what a good dog he is because he is clearly a very good dog and so forth.

That’s a good dog, is what I’m getting at.

8 Likes

Doesn’t miss a beat.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.