Iron Fist

nope, no Foggy. the only crossover characters I noticed were Hogarth & Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson)

Claire does not get together with anyone, and also she is smart enough to be clear about the fact that everyone else in this series is violent angry and damaged. There is no sexual tension - she’s an adult among children

9 Likes

A Night Nurse series might be fun. I’ve not read the comics, but I have drank the cold/flu medicine.

6 Likes

I’d watch that!

Rosario Dawson is dreamy, plus I’ve enjoyed the Night Nurse character on the other shows.

4 Likes

I think it would make a decent spin-off. At least a mini-series.

She’s a sensible and grounded character and trying to maintain work/life balance as it all spins out of control while reluctantly patching up failed superheroes would make some solid drama.

6 Likes

Oooh—“Superhero Hospital.” Maybe Dr. Strange could even show up for the occasional cameo.

4 Likes

With a different title though.

Night Nurse sounds like a 90’s era Cinemax movie

6 Likes

I could see that. He turns up all “Only I can save this patient” only to get bounced from the OR with a reminder that he was struck off. Patient gets fixed up and recovers anyway. :slight_smile:

1931 starring Clark Gable, apparently.

5 Likes

That makes it easy: I hated that flick so I should probably avoid IF.

3 Likes

Surprised by how underwhelmed and bored I was while watching it? Sure, but not in a “pleasant” way.

3 Likes

Inorite?

Except you’re quoting a Chinese woman?

The tweet was probably a bit misleading, it’s the creator of the character, not the show.

3 Likes

I misread it as Kassy Cho and the creator created it back in the 1970s (?) when a white dude like that was fine.

I’m of two minds. If I was a fan of the character from the comics, I wouldn’t want them changing his race…

I think the solution is to have a more diverse group of heroes and to choose carefully which ones to turn into shows and movies, not to after the fact make a 40 year old character suddenly “diverse” by changing their background or race. If Iron Fist, the character, is racist, they shouldn’t make a show with that character. Most of these characters had fans, which is why they are making shows, and they’re just going to be vocally angry at major alterations to a beloved character.

1 Like

As I alluded earlier Marvel Studios already went there when they cast Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One. So they seem fine with altering the race of characters to make the cast MORE white, but not to give more screen time to Asian actors.

4 Likes

You would prefer they left him as he was, Fu Manchu beard and all?

No matter what they do, people will bitch about something.

You realize the Ancient One wasn’t the hero, right?

I can tell you that if they recast Dr. Strange as Chinese, a lot of fans wouldn’t have bothered to go to the movie.

1 Like

I would prefer they attempt a modern updated take on the character just as they did with Luke Cage.

And I see no reason why Danny Rand’s character need be fundamentally different if he had been depicted as Asian-American.

4 Likes

Well, other than none of his existing fans being happy with the change?

You do realize that some fans are invested in these characters as depicted for decades? I’ve been reading Marvel comics since the mid-1970s. There are aspects of the characters that don’t change.

1 Like

Cool. Who we gonna get? Steven Yuen? TV name recognition there and he’d look good in the part. Sorta scruffy but rich.

No fucking shit, Sherlock. FYI, I don’t actually make TV shows either, so let’s just fantasy cast, 'k?

2 Likes

A little late now. They made a 13 episode series where he’s white.

One of the best things about Thor was watching bigots lose their shit over the casting of Idris Elba.

7 Likes