Irvine PD's $150k public relations blunder

Yeah, the disinformation is really counter-productive, but I’ve always questioned the efficacy of authority figures scolding kids not to use drugs in general, even in the absence of disinformation.

5 Likes

All cybertrucks are bad?

10 Likes
3 Likes

Italian police does it better.

A Lambo used for highway patrol has more sense than using a pick up with flashing lights for keeping kids off drugs.

2 Likes

I don’t know about Italy but there have been cases in the US where law enforcement has used flashy vehicles seized from alleged drug dealers* to do this kind of thing, and I suppose that the intended message is “look at this! If you sell drugs we’ll seize your fancy cars and use them against you!” But of couse the real result is to give people the message that selling drugs can get you enough money to buy fancy cars.

*"Civil Asset Forfeiture" is a terrible violation of due process but that's for a separate rant.
6 Likes

They came directly from the factory: I think they were part of a deal comprising less flashing cars from VW group, namely Seat Leon and Skoda Superb.

Italian police used motorboats seized from Albanian cigarette and drug smugglers in the 2000, but they were basically ghost boats, unknown to Albanian authorities.

1 Like

i was there for the start of DARE and their scare tactics were laughable at best. left their presentation thinking how much of a waste the program was. did kids stop doing drugs after, what, near 40 years of propaganda?

2 Likes

What, no special features?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.