Is $17 toothpaste worth the price?

My toothpaste of choice since 1963 has been a mix of salt and baking soda. Figure I’ve saved hundreds of dollars since then. Along with a fluoride rinse, I’ve not had cavities for years.

1 Like

5 Likes

Perhaps this is a new thing for them. My ancient Tom’s tube didn’t have fluoride.

2 Likes

what about when you’re in the desert and you’ve just eaten a lizard and have no toothpaste to brush your teeth with!?!

Just kidding, it’s still no because you don’t have any water either!

2 Likes

Seriously, there is.

And they didn’t even get it right to italicize Salvadora persica L.

3 Likes

Ideal for cleaning your bespoke, free-range, humanely slaughtered Elephant Ivory false teeth, individually hand crafted for you by the Walter Palmer Centre for Exotic Dentistry.

1 Like

“Dormant”? :roll_eyes: Where’s the adventure in going up a Dormant Volcano?

@beep54orama, if it was made with Kobe Beef, the price might be a bit more reasonable.

1 Like

Our more discerning customers prefer repurposed heirloom hippopotamus ivory from our Washington collection. Just don’t ask how they were obtained from Mount Vernon.

IMG_2550

2 Likes

I find that using pyroclastic flow directly tends to pit the tooth enamel a bit.

1 Like

My sustainably-harvested birch twig brush, pounded between two hand-selected river rocks, is traditional AF.

1 Like

Would that it were so. Wikipedia lists several species being used for teeth cleaning twigs the US & Europe - Birch doesn’t make the grade.:grimacing:

United Kingdom, Europe and United States

Apple
Pear
Bamboo
Fig tree
Hazelnut
Neem tree
Orange
Lime
Silver birch
Liquorice root (which is possible to find in most health food shops or Indian stores)

2 Likes

:confused:

1 Like

It’s entirely to late for me to blame that on insufficient coffee

2 Likes

It’s never too late to bump up one’s coffee intake as a preventative measure.

2 Likes

:confused:

:wink:

:coffee:

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use Tom’s too, and mine has fluoride. My daughter’s Tom’s Strawberry Toothpaste also has fluoride.
Though Tom’s does sell toothpaste without fluoride. For those people who think fluoride causes autism or whatever.

1 Like

I was thinking of using my Juicero to squeeze the toothpaste out for me.

3 Likes

Bizarre… yet elegant application. I like it.

2 Likes

works excellent,

or else…

works good too.

That’s something people would buy. A toothpaste doser. Make it IoT capable and only sell airport sized tubes of bespoke pastes (for 17 bucks a pop, sure, look at what you pay for printer ink!!) - really crap it up with ‘features’. You’ll make a mint.

1 Like