Is is legal to mummify your cult leader?

Originally published at: Is is legal to mummify your cult leader? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

One of several that thought the Covid era was a good excuse to get some quality tropical beach time:

3 Likes

Is Utilitarianism a cult?

1 Like

You mean house cats?

1 Like

Now there’s a euphemism I haven’t heard before.

“But I’m not dead yet!”

6 Likes

Mother God, what an asshole.

5 Likes

Caitlin is a treasure, and this is a truly weird story right up her alley. However…

1. It fills me with despair to realize that there are people so desperate and deluded enough to decide to treat this charlatan as a god.

2. Are we actually progressing as a society, or is this just another example proving that we are closer to the Bronze Age than to the Modern World? Also too, see Qanon.

3. Was the cult leader just a grifter, or was she as deluded as her followers such that she actually thought taking large amounts of colloidal silver was a healthy idea?

4. How many more of these ridiculous mini-cults are out there ruining the lives of their sad followers?

14 Likes

“Fake news. Hold still, Mr. Trump.”

13 Likes

Just a personal opinion you understand but I’m all for mummifying all the cult leaders of every ilk. Even if they aren’t quite dead yet they will be when you finish if you do a proper job of it.

3 Likes

Depending on your criteria, estimates run about 2000-5000 in the US alone.

3 Likes
6 Likes

“Is is legal to mummify your cult leader?”

The sooner the better.

2 Likes

“Colloidal Silver-swillin’ guru.”

6 Likes

There are a lot of people out there who believe stupid things, myself included. Most of us (hopefully) acknowledge that what we believe is stupid, but our indoctrination is in there deep. The rest of us, well…

Also there’s a lot of people out there period, so someone’s always gonna find suckers to join their cult.

We are an advanced species, but we’re still running on the same wetware that we had when we were living in caves tucking into a meal of flame broiled lizard. Not to knock cave people, because they can out survive us every day of the week and twice on Sunday. But we’re still the same species, largely living on the accomplishments of others.

Yes.

Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

Too many.

Fortunately this one seems less rapey than most of them.

4 Likes

Well, the Egyptians did it.

What better way to wrap up a pyramid scam?

6 Likes

Is this what is meant by Blue Lives Matter?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.