Is Kanye West actually Ziggy Stardust? A TikTok-er explores the secrets of the Bowie song

Originally published at: Is Kanye West actually Ziggy Stardust? A TikTok-er explores the secrets of the Bowie song. | Boing Boing

1 Like

“No.”

9 Likes

Um, “Five Years” as the LAST song of Ziggy? Is this from some alternate version I’m unaware of? It’s always been first on the album, and in the live performances…the last would be “Rock n’ Roll Suicide,” so we’ve yet to see that prophecy play out in Mr. West’s case.

12 Likes

Cbs No GIF by HULU

I miss Katrina era Kanye

kim kardashian GIF

[ETA]

It also strikes me that if there is anyone who is Bowie like in modern pop, it’s probably Janelle Monae…

janelle monae GIF by BET Awards

But she’s also a good successor to Prince, too. Ye doesn’t hold a candle to her!

15 Likes

Ziggy Stardust is not the Starman.
Five Years is the first track, was it ever released as a single?

3 Likes

I came to say the same thing. I started to question whether I had the original album lineup of songs.

4 Likes

This is one of my favorite albums. I discovered it about a decade ago while listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox. I love to listen to the entire album.
Anytime I recommend it people say,
"ah I don’t really like Bowie. "
I didn’t either until this album.

1 Like

Is Kanye West actually Ziggy Stardust?

Cbs No GIF by HULU

4 Likes

Wait… is there an echo?

Seth Meyers Hello GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Great minds gif alike? :grimacing:

5 Likes

Steve Brule Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

tenor (1)

5 Likes

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

What’s the first thing we hear about Ziggy Stardust in Ziggy Stardust?

“Ziggy played guitar.” Kanye doesn’t. QED.

7 Likes

Almost five years later to day—June 8, 1977, to be precise—Kanye West.

@thomdunn - Ummm - oookaaay… but there may be three different words missing from that - ‘the’, ‘was’, and ‘born’.

ETA and ‘almost’ is not ‘to the day’.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.