Kanye West says he knows what George Floyd felt like when he was murdered because losing Adidas is like a "knee on his neck"

Originally published at: Kanye West says he knows what George Floyd felt like when he was murdered because losing Adidas is like a "knee on his neck" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Every time dude opens his mouth, I’m like:

I sincerely hope Mr. Floyd’s family sues the shit out of West, and that any living relatives of Emmett Till’s do the same.

West is not a victim, he’s a raging bigoted asshole.

73 Likes

JFC Ye, GFY.

I don’t think I have any more to say.

20 Likes

A slight… request.

I’m not a fan of the guy, but can we please stop deadnaming him?

Don’t do that.

Don’t compare West’s changing his legal name on a whim (or for the attention) to trans folks’ very real struggles to be their authentic selves; it is NOT the same thing.

84 Likes

Well, he does seem clear of thought…

19 Likes

Especially when he himself continues to use it, at least professionally (social media handles, website, etc).

25 Likes

↑ This ↑

I’m in favour of damnatio memoriae. Never mention his name again, we can figure out which shitbucket it is through context.

45 Likes

38 Likes

Agreed.

‘Kanye West’ is a brand, not just a person; he’s made sure of that fact for at least the last 15 years.

People standing up for that troll can miss me with concerns over his race, his mental state, or his chosen moniker.

THIS.

I am all in favor of that solution; I can happily call him ‘That Asshole’ until he finally kicks rocks…

41 Likes

The asshole formerly known as shithead.

38 Likes

ha, the current asshole formerly known as an artist.

30 Likes

TAFKAS it is, then.

22 Likes

Stephen Colbert has done this for a while with Dolt 45 and other nicknames for the former Occupant of the Oval Office who was impeached twice.

23 Likes

I can imagine what my grandmother would call him, but it’s not polite, even in Yiddish.

15 Likes

“Because I didn’t take the medication, I am able to speak to you guys clear of thought and transparently.”

Yeah…I don’t think that’s how it works.

23 Likes

Among the many, MANY things wrong with this analogy I don’t recall George Floyd spending a week taunting the cops and bragging that they’d never have the guts to put a knee on his neck.

34 Likes

25 Likes

If he decides to go the Prince route and adopt a symbol, I would suggest a big fat puckered asterisk as the most appropriate one.

25 Likes

Tatiana Maslany Shut Up GIF

17 Likes