Is Marjorie Taylor Greene suggesting Civil War in new poll?

Which of course, will always include large swaths of Black America, not to mention those of us here of all races who are trying to get the fascists out of power.

But hey… I should STFU, since I clearly have no better solutions, other than what I’ve been doing, which is to try to educate people and vote for the best options here. Which, BTW, bore fruit in the 2020 election… but everyone seems eager to forget that we elected not one, but two Democratic senators, which gave the Democrats a razor thin margin of control in the senate.

But sure… I’m the real problem here. Better to let me and mine rot in a fascist hellscape.

21 Likes

and 99% of statistics…

“The United States is not magically immune to Civil conflict, it’s coming. The Republican party has chosen chaos and violence.”

I keep hearing this in a melodramatic low voice: "I’m calling it… "

That’s fine, you call it then. For the rest of us the goal is to stop them.

22 Likes

No doubt she will be allowed to stay on all social media sites until after she has been voted out.

I mean, clicks are clicks, man. That’s the policy!

3 Likes

No, I said we need to seriously prepare for peaceful partition, instead of pretending that if the Democrats can keep winning elections and writing strongly-worded Op-Eds in the NYTimes, that we can magically turn the clock back to 1996.

The United States experienced a failed fascist coup and the Republican Party has been steadily removing any members that are interested in maintaining a veneer of commitment to the Constitution.

1 Like

I am well aware of what you wrote.

8 Likes

For certain and I don’t mean to diminish that. I am well aware that for instance when people say maybe the Condederacy should have been allowed to leave, they are only considering one group in the South, and they are basically saying black people weren’t worth the trouble. Replacing a couple years of violent war with centuries of constant personal violence as if that’s an improvement.

People stuck under fascist power are going to keep fighting, because they have no choice. The question is if the rest of us care to help them while we have the advantage.

But what’s new and kind of amazing to me is the idea that if we want to avoid war, we should put fascists in charge of their own country. Like…is that really anyone’s idea of fascist countries? That as reasonable people, once they get their demands they will be satisfied, and there will be peace in our time? That’s somehow something we don’t recognize?

Fascists don’t have anything to offer except stolen goods and struggle. It’s impossible for them to be satisfied. You stop them when they don’t have power, or you will have to stop them when they do, because there is no appeasement.

22 Likes

Told You So Nodding GIF by Pose FX

So what kind of “peaceful partition” are we talking about here? The kind that happened in Yugoslavia? You honestly believe that the MTGs and Bannons of the world would be satisfied with carving up the country and that no blood would be shed?

That’s the thinking exactly.

Does anyone really think they’ll be satisfied with just parts of the country? They want to powerful parts - the parts with US military installations and nuclear weapons. Appeasement with fascists never works out as intended…

24 Likes

How about one of those deep boreholes where they pump toxic or radioactive waste? She’d fit right in down there.

4 Likes

“1) Yes, by R & D states”

Because it’s always 100% one or the other, down to the last resident. She has the brain of a child.

10 Likes

What’s left unsaid is that’s because they are losing their culture war. A growing plurality of Americans believe women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, immigrants, etc., are actually human, and deserve respect and a fair shake. They believe rich white men don’t deserve to be in charge of everything because they won the genetic lottery, and that their interpretation of their religion is too Bronze Age to be applicable to the modern world, especially the old, smite-em-all, testament. They believe “be nice to each other” is a pretty good governing philosophy.

This makes the Republicans extremely dangerous. They’re losing, and they know it. The only way now to retain their grip on power is to destroy democracy and resort to violence and terror.

We haven’t won yet, and now isn’t the time to rest on our laurels. Nor is it time to give up because they threaten to escalate into violence. It often doesn’t feel like it, but we are winning, and we need to keep fighting the good fight, because the better world we are striving for is worth fighting for.

22 Likes

You. Don’t. Get. To. Decide. That.

Gary Clark Jr. has something to say about this, too…

Appeasement does not work. Full stop.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

25 Likes

I’d vote them off the island.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No thank you. I don’t want her in my pasta sauce. :nauseated_face:

26 Likes

I don’t think there’s any “we” here, not from the way you comment.

13 Likes

At the expense of some of us.

Again, appeasement never works. People will die. Partition and population exchanges is NOT a peaceful solution.

Stop Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

Some of us are clearly expendable.

14 Likes

That money won’t actually go to a civil war though. It will be squirreled away many places, probably many pockets as well as some stumping for her reelection.

3 Likes

There seems to be some confusion about how the right-wing would divide the country. First off, this time they will not be seceding, they will be kicking the libs out, keeping the name “The United States of America” while the libs will just have to accept an applied label, probably something like “LoserLand” or “PoopyHeads,” if Greene and her fellow travellers adhere to their usual mental age. And they will hold their breath until they turn blue if they don’t get all the toys: nukes, stealth bombers, stealth drones, the NSA, CIA, and FBI, all four branches of the military, and their choice of gerrymandered territory ensuring they get all the best land. And the gold reserves, assuming we still actually have any, and all national treasures.

Anything short of everything, with the libs treated as were the Native Americans and sent into the wastelands, and there will be civil war as they wreck everything in a massive temper tantrum second only in destructiveness to the disaster that would be if they got everything they wanted.

11 Likes

Agreed but her dumbass constituents don’t know that.

6 Likes

Do the math. That’s still less than 1% of the population. Democracies don’t bend to the will of tiny, pissy little segments of the population.

23 Likes

True, but her language does contribute to stirring up people who want to commit acts of violence. The strategy is both to get her out of power (by election or by kicking her out of congress), deplatforming her permanently, and going after PACs.

True.

What will happen is camps and ethnic cleansing on a mass scale.

History is not something that happens to people. It’s something that people cause to happen. Giving up on national unity is making a choice that empowers white nationalists. Full stop. That is what you’re proposing here. They have no interest in half measures. If we give them Austria, they will eventually come for Poland, then France, etc. That’s how that works. Fascists can’t abide a world where there is diversity of any kind. We know that they take no half-measures.

RIGHT NOW the US is a unified country. I’m confident that @alahmnat is well aware that the borders of nations change. There is no need to be insulting.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well, they can when some people believe it’s more expedient to do so.

21 Likes