Is Rudy Giuliani screaming about Trump indictment — or is it a self-loathing rant? (video)

Originally published at: Is Rudy Giuliani screaming about Trump indictment — or is it a self-loathing rant? (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I understand why the indictment didn’t name the co-conspirators, but I wonder whether the door to indictment of those conspirators is still open. Can Smith still, in the future, issue indictments for the others? And, how far in the future could this happen, in other words, is there a statute of limitations?
I hope the answers are yes, yes, and no limitations.

6 Likes

I’m often amazed that all these old maga men (and some women) can constantly elevate their blood pressure to Angry Level 10 and not suffer medical repercussions. A cruel evolutionary joke nature is playing on the rest of us.

15 Likes

Smith actually noted in his indictment that Trump’s lies about winning the election were protected speech, but using those lies to block the peaceful transfer of power was not.

21 Likes

Yeah, and I plan on repeating that little part of the indictment as often as I can, because the right wing media is on a tear calling this an attack on free speech. Trump was not charged with a crime for lying. He was charged with trying to fuck with the results of the election, and in so doing, trying to take away people’s Constitutional right to vote.

ETA: Also, Rudy Giuliani called Smith an unethical lawyer. The gall.

16 Likes

I’m guessing that Smith is pursuing Trump first because of time constraints related to the 2024 election, and these other folks will come later. It’s possible some may end up cooperating too.

Giuliani complaining about his or Trump’s rights . . . the lack of self-awareness there, it’s not “Trump derangement syndrome” that’s the issue, it’s privilege, these guys never consider that anything they do could be considered unlawful. Compare that to Trump’s other lawyers Cippilone and Philbin who told him flat out it was wrong, and would not to defend him in the second impeachment trial.

11 Likes

Pure comedy gold!

11 Likes

There’s also the possibility that one or more will see the writing on the wall and flip, but it seems like Smith built a bullet-proof indictment, so it’s probably already too late.

10 Likes

wow he looks awful. he has aged a lot and not well at all. the schtick is so pathetic, he looks to me like he’s acting outraged though in reality he copped a plea and doesn’t want to die in prison.

4 Likes

He copped a plea oin one jurisdiction but now is being charged in another. That’s what’s got him pissed.

5 Likes

"This one will be your legacy, violating the right of free speech of an American citizen, never mind whether he was president or not! It could be anybody, it could be a homeless person!"

In my dreams, ex-president and homeless go together, like impeachment and sentencing.

5 Likes
4 Likes

“I just indicted the former President of the United States, so imagine what I’m ready to do to you if you don’t give me some information I don’t already have” is one helluva strong bargaining position to be in.

3 Likes

Agreed. Also:

tom cruise projector GIF

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.