John Oliver mocks Rudy Giuliani's freakshow performance as Trump's lawyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/20/john-oliver-mocks-rudy-giulian.html

7 Likes

That “perjury trap” concept is particularly piquant. “Curse you, Mueller! If I can just – utter one sentence – without – hhhnnggh! – lying – I’ll beat you like I beat Muhammad Ali when he said I was the best fighter he ever god dammit

24 Likes

“The best people.”

20 Likes

Rudy’s basically saying that Trump doesn’t even know what the truth is, his mind is constantly convincing himself that the world conforms to his desires.

Which I think we all knew anyway.

It’s like a version of “not guilty by reason of insanity.”

Contrast that with George Papadapoulos’ sentencing memo that points out how he lied to the FBI to deliberately thwart their investigation, on multiple occasions, even when told that simply lying to the FBI was a federal offense.

So take your pick: crazy or corrupt. Or both.

25 Likes

12 Likes

America’s Idiot.

16 Likes

Aren’t Republicans the people who hold up Bibles and call it the “truth?”

15 Likes

“My statement was not meant as a pontification on moral theology but one referring to the situation where two people make precisely contradictory statements, the classic ‘he said,she said’ puzzle. Sometimes further inquiry can reveal the truth other times it doesn’t,” Giuliani wrote on Twitter.

So going by Rudy-logic, that video below of this guy trying to light a cigarette did not show him getting stunned hard even though a ton of people saw him do something very stupid with a bright pink stun gun?

3 Likes

I’m waiting for Giuliani to to go on TV and say that obvioulsy Trump is innocent, the proof is that no guilty man would hire a lawyer as bad as he is.

13 Likes

‘Don’t worry, Donald: Prison isn’t prison.’”

Roger That!

14 Likes

Apparently Trump’s first choice was busy.

hutz

18 Likes

Insane circumstances call for an insane defense?

com-optimize%20(10)

12 Likes
22 Likes
15 Likes

This. This is what amazes me about Trump supporters that I know personally. They rave about how smart he is and how he knows the best everything. Then when faced with obvious idiocy in his ranks (like Rudy), they simply say its not Trumps fault.

WTF will it take for the people to see any sense of reality in front of them and realize they are idiots because Herr Trump is an idiot too!!! They are all idiot poison fruit from the idiocy tree.

15 Likes

Lawyers are supposed to be masters of rhetoric… Giuliani can’t even do spin correctly at this point. Maybe he’s building up a case for incompetence- that Trump must be innocent, else he wouldn’t be so careless as to hire so many clownish lawyers.

2 Likes

4 Likes

By all means, this must continue if it makes things worse for Trump. As illogical as it sounds, let Rudy be.

7 Likes
3 Likes

The Washington DC school of philosophy is just exploring new frontiers of epistemology. So truth isn’t truth, but does it depend on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is? There’s a PhD thesis in there somewhere.

1 Like