Trump worried his legal team led by Rudy Giuliani are all “fools that are making him look bad”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/23/trump-worried-his-legal-team-led-by-rudy-giuliani-are-all-fools-that-are-making-him-look-bad.html

13 Likes

I’m excited for the inevitable “Giuliani? I barely know the gentleman.”

58 Likes

LOL. NOW he is worried? Has he not listened to Giuliani in the last 4 years?

50 Likes

Maybe he’s worried they are doing a better job than he is?

34 Likes

That’s unusually clear-sighted for him.
What is happening?

31 Likes

My two reactions to this:

ezgif.com-gif-to-mp4

Now_A_Warning

40 Likes

I mean. He’s right.

31 Likes

he’s all about blaming other people for his problems, occasionally it is true

41 Likes

Trump’s life is flashing before his eyes.

20 Likes

As if he needed help in that department.

28 Likes

Trumpers like to claim their great orange leader is a “successful businessman” but he’s not, in fact the only truly smart move he ever made was hiring a big contingent of lawyers and accountants to protect his ass.

And now even that strategy is starting to crumble and fail.

27 Likes

Half of that sentence is true, and half of that sentence is false.

12 Likes

Trump shouldn’t worry. They are definitely making him look like a fool. No ambiguity or uncertainty at all.

25 Likes

By the time you’ve counted three assholes, it’s time to look in the mirror…

17 Likes

He’s realizing he’s going to need some real lawyers after Jan 20th.

19 Likes

I don’t thing the legal team are “fools” for wording their cases to keep themselves out of legal hot water for perjury and court sanctions for false claims in state courts.

I think Trump is a fool to believe they would jeopardize their own legal careers at his biding. (His power to pardon are worthless in reversing disbarment and other bar association sanctions. In addition to these being state filings, Trump has no pardon power here.)

22 Likes

I thought he knew the best people and hired the best people?

27 Likes

I think Trump is at some weird kind of tipping point.

Part of me is hoping the “right” person whispers in his ear and then he blows a gasket, fires his lawyers, and tries to represent himself.

18 Likes

Narrowly speaking, absolutely. I suspect that he labors under the delusion that looking bad is a consequence of incompetent lackeys, rather than of being bad; and that having incompetent lackeys is somehow not the fault of the alleged leader.

Great Leader cannot fail; he can only be failed.

32 Likes

Same reason Saruman the White didn’t fire Gríma Wormtongue after the Battle of Isengard.

There’s no one left TO hire. The cause is lost and the only folks left are trying to plan their own escape.

35 Likes