"Is that a joint, man?!" Happy 4/20!

It’s ok everyone, I’ll post the good ones.

The other Matt Pike project:

Things to give thanks for this 4/20 weekend

Even though Racer Trash is dead and The Taco Bell Film Festival is over, we are getting a whole mess of insane high video art this weekend.

Seg Fest is starting up in less then two hours on Twitch and is probably going to run all night. They are doing a Weekend at Bernies wave along with a bunch of other cool stuff. Trust me just watch

And tomorrow I believe there is a rerun of the first Music Video Meltdown happening on Twitch, and if there is not a rerun, the 2nd episode is next Thursday

And finally, The Grimy Ghost from Everything is Terrible organized a Fury Road wave that’s going to air on Saturday

`

This is a whole ass art movement going on that barely anyone is talking about. Are you a film nerd? Do you like sample/collage based art like John Oswald Plunderphonics, Paul’s Boutique, Zorn’s Naked City, Chris Marker, Negativland, Everything is Terrible and so on? Then you will probably dig all of this. I feel like this is CBGB’s in 1975, amazing new art is happening and these Twitch streams are only drawing small crowds.

Put it on the biggest screen possible, have some ice water on hand, and get super high, you will thank me later.

People from across the political spectrum have reason to celebrate today, but not necessarily the same reason.

10 Likes

LOL HAHAHAA. That is a good one.

Unfortunately not entirely joking. GOP Congressman Paul Gosar was planning to speak at a white nationalist conference today before social media got wind of it and he was publicly shamed into backing out.

8 Likes

Aubrey Plaza Weed GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

2 Likes

/looks at clock

Ah darn, the pot store just closed.

6 Likes

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

I remember when Pee-wee was still doing anti-drug PSAs (albeit about crack cocaine, not weed).

Possibly as part of court-mandated public service or something?

2 Likes
4 Likes

the bride and her caterer

WTAF. :astonished: One culprit was terrible enough, but the other is supposed to be a professional and will probably face harsher penalties because of that. I hope the spouse watched Phantom Thread, too.

2 Likes

it is never cool to dose the unwitting/ unwilling. serious karma on those who do. same with critters, as @knoxblox pointed out upthread. it is fucking cruel when they don’t know what is happening to them or (in the case of animals) don’t have the capacity to know!

with that said, i would totally attend a cannabis-elevated wedding soiree and i hate weddings

2 Likes

That is incredibly disturbing; removing informed consent from recreational drug use is almost akin to removing informed consent from sexual contact. A gross violation of bodily autonomy.

I enjoy getting a little alcohol buzz once in a while but I’d be horrified if someone figured out a way to get me drunk without my consent and didn’t even do me the courtesy of telling me what was happening.

7 Likes

Well, the pets thread, but we’re still good. Spread the word, marijuana is not for pets. :+1:

season 21 cat GIF by The Bachelor

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.