Is the Klingon Bat'leth impractical?

Oh, word?

I only started watching TNG during the pandemic. I was always an original series guy.

I thought it was one of those things that only became evidently racist to white people in retrospect, like the crows in Dumbo.

9 Likes

Impractical - but fabulous!

31 Likes

In that case let me be the first to say…

21 Likes

Oh, I’m in love with TNG now.

I’m actually procrastinating my way through season 6 because I don’t want it to end. I put the series on pause to watch DS9 because I love this crew so damn much.

It’s such a visionary work of fiction.

14 Likes

That’s a hunka, hunka, burning bat’leth!

14 Likes

Yeah… again, one of the worst…

Ugh… yeah.

Meanwhile, over at DS9… in an episode directed by the great Avery Brooks…

This exchange between Brooks and Auberjonois is fantastic…

That episode and the two parter Past Tense…

Two short years to the Bell Riots!!!

DS9 is best trek…

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

11 Likes

I do love me some Picard - but yes. Overall- the best series. A shame it’s not available in higher def.

I’m enjoying the Discovery cast too.

And finally- when we really need it:

“ We finally have a release window for Star Trek: Picard season 2. The first full length trailer for the series reveals the second season will be arriving in February 2022.

6 Likes

It’s a great piece of sci-fi all right.

If I may offer one piece of advice, you may want to skip most of the TNG-era movies if you want to wrap up your viewing experience on a high note. Though Star Trek: First Contact wasn’t bad overall.

7 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately, it’s still the most controversial series for a number of reasons, but I suspect that some people didn’t like the more direct attention to issues like racism and classism in our real past, as well as the less rosy picture of the Federation that they built.

7 Likes

Case in point - Section 31. Using biological warfare and genocide. Dark. Completely believable.

There’s the upcoming series with Michelle Yeoh to look forward to as well.

8 Likes

I mean… it’s got drunk Troi… what more do you need…

troiawesome

But even better, it’s got Alfre Woodard is in it!!!

11 Likes

Oh hell yeah! I was wondering how they were going to get her back to the past in Discovery for that, but when they revealed the Guardian… well, that was freaking sweet!

4 Likes

I haven’t watched that one since seeing it in the theater but I distinctly remember it as the only Next Generation movie that didn’t leave me with a feeling of resentful disappointment. It was also a pretty strong directorial debut for Jonathan Frakes.

5 Likes

That’s right! He’s a great director! And I love seeing him on Wil Wheaton’s aftershow talking about the episodes he directed.

6 Likes

William Sadler was great casting to start that off with.

4 Likes

I like to imagine his secret lies in asking his actors the right questions.

8 Likes

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

5 Likes

More to look forward to: significant crossovers.

4 Likes

riker-surprise

Bill Hader Yes GIF

But what I really want, and hear me out here, is a DS9 film or even a new series… I know I’m unlikely to get my wish, but damn it… why not?

7 Likes

Caraca maluco! The list is huge!

Reaction GIF

https://www.trektoday.com/news/280506_02.shtml

7 Likes