Is this color blue?

Those all look like red and blue to me. :wink:

7 Likes

I’m at 164 (only 6% of the population is lower than 164, apparently), so my turquoise is blue. Curious; I often see a robin’s egg blue, and some other people see a mint green.

2 Likes

Hrm… see, this is some shenanigans.

1. Monitors color calibrations will skew results.

2. There is one sample early on which was pretty clearly Cyan. Is Cyan a blue? I consider it so because of CMYK. Retaking the test it seems how you score cyan will shift you about 10% points. I wonder if I hadn’t been trained in the use of cyan in printing if my brain would associate it to be more of a green.

As for what color turquoise is - generally I think of it as blue, but there are some samples clearly more green.

7 Likes

Literally the first blue-green mix they showed me I had a panic attack and said “I don’t want to play this anymore” and left the site.

14 Likes

So, should I be worried? Or just avoid selecting the paint for my next bathroom remodel?

11 Likes

International Klein Blue or bust.

5 Likes

As long as you like the shade, it’s not a problem.

You’ll spend more time looking at your phone than the walls in there anyway, right?

5 Likes

Now burn the website down and gather the ashes, we’re gonna be rich!

4 Likes

Your boundary is at hue 166, greener than 90% of the population. For you, turquoise is blue.

1 Like

I would say all of those stones are blue.

2 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

Your boundary is at hue 168, greener than 85% of the population. For you, turquoise is blue.

1 Like

It’s widely believed that languages develop a yellow/green word before a blue word, so it’d be neat to learn Japanese did not. Do you have a citation for that?

2 Likes
4 Likes

I took it three times in a row, got 168, 171 and 176. I was afraid to take it again for fear I would quit seeing green altogether.

4 Likes

Ach… Somewhere in there.

10 Likes

It seems we evolved to see more shades of green than any other colour, to help spot food.

That is also why night vision gear tints green.

4 Likes

Do I get a prize?

At least I can claim I won all those arguments about paint color in the house. :eyes:

Quiz for you all: is my house painted blue? Or green?

10 Likes

182 and I concur.
My turquiose is green.

I see green.

3 Likes