Is this color blue?

I got 175 too!

2 Likes

It’s green.

Nice decor, btw!

2 Likes

So apparently I can’t tell the difference between a rock and a duck.
:person_tipping_hand:

10 Likes

It’s really both. Different display quality/calibration/ambient lighting can change both the wavelength displayed and how you perceive it. You then stack on top of it a nomenclature question which is influenced by those factors, and add onto that the recursive issue where what your categories are impacts your perception.

Funny thing is my wife is always joking I have colorblind issues, in that lots of times I’ll say something is green that she insists is blue. But then, we both scored exactly the same on this test (175)! Go figure :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s kind of funny how orange has been so reified that nobody would ask about the line between red and yellow, but teal and cyan and caerulean and turquoise (or indigo and ultramarine on the side toward violet) have never managed the same.

6 Likes

tumblr_mqv1qksr1f1sy769zo3_250

5 Likes

65 responses.

You’re slowing up…

4 Likes

Chuck it in the pond. If it floats, it’s a duck.

7 Likes

What about very small rocks?

9 Likes

You got grit, kid.

9 Likes

shark tank drums GIF by Shark Tank, Network Ten

7 Likes

looks english. mint green then. obviously.

2 Likes

Alice In Wonderland Thank You GIF

6 Likes

guess because there is no fruit in these spectrums broadly enough known and consumed (or even existing?) like reified orange?

You’re comparing the difference between two primary colors to the difference between a primary and a secondary color. I could easily see a similar test to gauge where red becomes orange, or where orange becomes yellow.

I’m not. Red and yellow are a primary and secondary color (the order depending on whether you use additive or subtractive mixing) and orange is tertiary. Also, even though we use blue to mimic most colors on screens, our short-wave cones actually go with violet – so in truth blue is pretty comparable to yellow. I know the ancient Greeks didn’t count either as part of the rainbow, and Newton added “semitones” (orange and indigo) next to both.

3 Likes

My display is calibrated to < 2 ΔE, so pretty good.
My turquoise is green, it says.
But from many shades in between I would have answered “neither”.

BTW, the picture is, in fact, the result of a test where I gave the wrong answer 100% of the time.
It matches the results where I was not being a jerk.

2 Likes

Or a witch… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes