Islamophobic terrorist cell planned a "bloodbath" in Kansas, wanted to kill Muslim babies

At least we agree on tools

7 Likes

Except, of course, Washington Post calls it terrorism. And so does the New York Times. And so does, crucially, the FBI. They were arrested for terrorism.

Everyone pretty much agrees they were terrorists. It’s not a fact under dispute.

I mean, I’m all for objecting to the discriminatory use of language, but that simply is not the case here.

8 Likes

Yes and No. There is a threshhold of violence which a lot of people would like to be on the “winners” side of.

That level of violence is not civilization as we know it, so there you have it

2 Likes

No. It isn’t luck. It’s love.

5 Likes

“What are those guys doing in the middle of that open field? Probably something good and wholesome” - Nobody. Ever.

2 Likes

[quote=“CarlMud, post:4, topic:87611”]
…what did they actually expect would happen after this planned event?[/quote]

The same thing that happens after every time they masturbate. Minus the shame.

1 Like

Maybe she lived in Lawrence. It’s nice there.

4 Likes

Many terrorists have emotional problems.

So how did the FBI get involved? Fake weapons dealer? The article wasn’t clear.

Also I am tired of the “take our country back” thing. Take it back? Who has it? Mexican immigrants? The guys being paid under the table for shit wages? That guy? Somali immigrants stacked 3 deep in a cramped apartment working menial labor? Those guys? Jesus Christ, these people have nothing you want to “take back”.

There are many quite nice areas and overall it is a pretty laid back state.

6 Likes

When I saw the Reuters story about this over the weekend the only surprising element was the use of the word “terrorists” to describe white Americans planning to kill people. Too damn long in coming.

6 Likes

Dorothy just wanted something that she could believe in,
A gray dustbowl girl in a life she was better off leavin’.
She made her escape, went from gray into green,
And she could have got clear, and she could have got clean,
But she chose to be good and go back to the gray Kansas sky
Where color’s a fable and freedom’s a fairy tale lie.

From Wicked Girls by Seanan McGuire.

4 Likes

Nice. I love me some Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant.

2 Likes

To me it seems that they didn’t want public support. They want genocide. The saddest thing about genocide is that it is effective - it is so deeply traumatic that the survivors don’t want to live in the place anymore. The perpetrators get what they wanted (to expel the target group of people)< even if the have to face a back lash in public support. They are not stupid. They are monsters.

6 Likes

It’s been a hundred years for the Armenians, and it still leaves deep scars on their community.

4 Likes

Psst, you forgot to turn your /sarc detector on.

No, no, I don’t think I did. I mean, it would be biting sarcasm if it were true. Say pick an example where it did happen: and there are quite a few over the years, mostly when it is a militia somewhere out in the boondocks where they seem quite unwilling to use the T-word. I was just really struck with how everyone was complaining about a problem that for once wasn’t there. Like people carrying umbrellas unfurled when there’s no rain. Weird.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.