Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

As of September 13, 2024, CPJ’s preliminary investigations showed at least 116 journalists and media workers were among the more than 42,000 killed since the war began, making it the deadliest period for journalists since CPJ began gathering data in 1992.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

OT I know but this was below it for me in the Grauniad:

We seem to be getting a bit closer to the early 19thC idea of a newspaper: one nakedly there to publish whatever suited the owners no matter how inflammatory the lies are.

See also social media companies.

Also: those columnists…. I mean if you are too dodgy for them…

5 Likes
1 Like

UN:

Attacks against human rights defenders and obliteration of civic space in Gaza unacceptable, says UN expert

2 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

The Israeli military killed at least 710 Palestinian babies before they made it to their first birthday, the equivalent of two infants under one-year-old killed by Israel every day for nearly a year. That’s according to a 649-page document published by the Ministry of Health in Gaza on Sunday listing the names of tens of thousands Palestinians killed by Israel between October 7 and August 31.

Of the 40,738 the ministry has confirmed dead, it has biographical information—including identification number, gender, date of birth, and age—for 34,344. Because the ministry does not have complete biographical information for the remaining 6,394, it has not listed their names. The list starts with the youngest victims. For the first 13 and a half pages, the age is listed as 0—those under one year old.

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

At this point , the US government has the same level of complicity as serving in the IOF.

2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/9/20/israel-and-hezbollah-attack-each-other-after-pager-explosions

2 Likes