Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

No, Mr Deer Stink, it’s just this.

Plus an $8 cover charge.

7 Likes
5 Likes

I literally know Palestinians punishment raped in prison by the guards (like Andrew Prison Guard, editor of the Atlantic who writes puff pieces about Mohammed Bone Saw and how nobody cares about the Palestinians now) after trials in a language they did not speak where they were not allowed see the evidence or cross examine witnesses.

ETA
In response to Palestinians being animals. I know that is a relatively mainstream perspective among religious extremists (human rights don’t apply to Palestinians as they aren’t human in the first place) but Israelis do all the things Palestinians do. Because they are also human.

10 Likes

I Mean Come On GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Also, the Swans have a song about Michael Gira’s time in an Israeli prison when he was younger…

Sounds like a brutal place…

8 Likes

The BBC disagrees, they are different. But they used their passive voice, the subtle bastards.

11 Likes

Holy shit Suella, stay classless.

5 Likes

Hamas is also stunned.

“Their success surprised them, too,” a diplomatic source in the region told Al-Monitor on condition of anonymity. “They hoped to kill some Israelis, embarrass the IDF and return to Gaza with two or three kidnapped Israelis. Instead, they roamed inside Israel for more than a day, killing over a thousand Israelis and getting stuck with something like 200 abductees,” the source said.

“They are very worried. With two abductees, they could have negotiated with Israel for permission to build a seaport and freedom for hundreds of prisoners held in Israeli jails. With more than 100 abductees, they will face the entire Israeli army inside Gaza. That’s the tragedy of their success,” the diplomatic source added.

6 Likes

They need the good publicity after getting pasted in Ukraine, Iraq and Syria.

2 Likes

(Ben Gvir will surely pick and choose which voting block (right wing) gets them. Think if trump had just given 10,000 assault rifles to MAGAciples on the Southern Border.)

6 Likes

@tcg550 Franklin Graham will be pleased.

2 Likes

It will only serve to increase settler violence and feed into the continued Forced Transfer of Palestinians. Gvir is a lot like Bannon in that he wants chaos and to sit back and watch it burn.

6 Likes

In case anybody here thinks that Israel should bomb the ■■■■■ out of Gaza (again):

Commission of Inquiry collecting evidence of war crimes committed by all sides in Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories since 7 October 2023

GENEVA (10 October 2023) – There is already clear evidence that war crimes may have been committed in the latest explosion of violence in Israel and Gaza, and all those who have violated international law and targeted civilians must be held accountable for their crimes, the UN Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem and Israel, said today.

5 Likes

A friend, who is pretty far right, made a comment to me today about we’re going to be next. Huh? Next for what?

The fear mongering these people are doing is working.

5 Likes

They did this with ISIS already.

Boring. ISIS never came to my Starbucks like they said they would.

10 Likes

3 Likes

I was ready to emigrate at the “threat” of a taco truck on every corner.

To America in case that wasn’t sufficiently clear!

3 Likes

Accidentally kidnapping an extra couple hundred people seems farfetched given the level of planning that must have gone into an operation of this scale, but I suppose it is possible.

I suppose incompetence would also explain why they kidnapped Thai nationals.

6 Likes

They probably expected to encounter more Israeli soldiers, leaving a limited number of fighters able to reach Israeli towns and kibbutzim.

The Thais are agricultural workers. Thais and other migrant workers replaced Palestinian men who were previously allowed to work in Israel until (IIRC) the 2000s, so kidnapping them could scare away other foreign workers and leave Israeli farms without labourers.

6 Likes

If you’ve ever seen how many migrant workers dress in that part of the world, face and head almost completely covered, you might imagine that Hamas militants had no idea who or what they had captured until returning to their tunnels or wherever.

4 Likes

So, this happened.

It’s about Kfar Aza.

described in Goliath and Loathing in Greater Israel as

Screenshot 7

FWIW, Kfar Aza is an older “settlement”.

6 Likes