Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

… Hamas is digging tunnels to America of course

7 Likes

Basically arming Death Squads and Gravy Seals. Armed “militias” like this generally are piss poor combatants but exceptionally nasty war criminals.

9 Likes

… they’re like the Morlocks in The Time Machine

1 Like
2 Likes

Turkish media is pushing back presumably on the story floating around mostly tabloid media about 40 babies killed and some beheaded in Kfar Aza.

Preview won’t work for it, so here’s my homebrew preview:

Anadolu Ajansı - 10 Oct 23

Israeli army says it does not have ‘confirmation’ about allegations that ‘Hamas beheaded babies’

Israeli army spokesperson tells Anadolu over phone that they have no information confirming allegations that ‘Hamas beheaded babies’

7 Likes
6 Likes

Alex as in Jones.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Yes.

I have been involved in raves and festivals since the mid 90s, in Australia.
Its been hard to process and react to what has happened.

I wasn’t able to express myself with words at the time so I made an image/meme and posted it.

For the record, I cant stand psytrance, and Israeli ravers are the fucking worst, but even by my standards, 260 dead ravers is fucking horrible.

It made me think about how Australia is a settler nation on stolen land. And my part in that.

As a human and as a raver.

Edit: we are voting here in Australia this weekend, amending our constitution to create a “voice” in parliament for Indiginous people.
The debate has been ugly and the racism has been laid bare.
Aahhh context etc

10 Likes

https://archive.ph/vFyDD

4 Likes

Al Arabiya quoted Minister of National Security and uber putz Ben-Gvir that invading Gaza has become imminent. Not much in the article beyond that though.

3 Likes

Any serious land invasion of Gaza is going to be a bloodbath. :fearful:

2 Likes

Seeing as Bob doesn’t feel like updating the false story that the EU decided, and later reversed the decision, to stop aid to Palestine it might be worth hearing, from a non-Twitter source, what the EU actually thinks. Insofar as it’s possible to say that about the EU.

Note, that this diplomat is speaking as a representative of the EU’s foreign policy. Specifically Common Foreign and Security Policy - Wikipedia which is in the domain of the countries themselves. It is not a function of the standing bureaucracy but of the governments.

It’s boring - the EU is surely designed to be boring - but it’s the kind of information you don’t get from some randomer on Twitter which is actually why you should not use Twitter. Now more than ever, we all know the cliché about the first casualty in war.

14 Likes
3 Likes

(…)

Read the thread. It’s not long.

6 Likes

Fuck the Daily Mail for their loaded language and lies.

5 Likes

They’re great so long as the “enemy” can’t fight back. Very effective at torturing and brutalizing the helpless. Not so much if they are at risk themselves.

5 Likes
6 Likes

That might be the point. That and waste of resources. War on terror cost $8 trillion.

6 Likes

Here in my neck of the woods(metro Detroit) we have a very large Jewish community in Southfield and a very large Arab community in Dearborn, they are about 12 miles apart.

They had separate rallies for each side.

4 Likes