Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Syria, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24

1 Like

No visits to the old country.

2 Likes

10 Likes
4 Likes

Hi. Katy, Cody, and Jonathan break down the latest police violence against campus demonstrators and discuss President Biden’s disgraceful statement about “violent protests.” We didn’t initially plan to record an episode this week, so some of our audio is a little wonky – thanks for bearing with us!

3 Likes

CNN:

Leading Gaza surgeon Adnan Al-Bursh dies in Israeli prison

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Who’s our Daddy?

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

This is even more skewed than it looks, as the aid to Egypt was in return for signing the camp David accords, recognising Israel and abandoning Arab nationalism.

Also, the “aid” to Vietnam and Afghanistan appears to be counting the cost of destroying those countries as part of the aid budget.

5 Likes

well, the aid to Israel includes the cost of destroying Palestine, doesn’t it :thinking:

2 Likes

[Jack Lang: ‘The Arab world has abandoned Palestine’ | Culture | EL PAÍS English (elpais.com)]

3 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

(Cartoon) In The Economist this week. Personally, I like to think that the proportion of those who are able to talk must be higher than this. But I’m an incorrigible optimist and I always get disappointed.

1 Like