Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, Iran, Syria, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24

2 Likes
5 Likes

The report has been updated with a new headline.

P.S.

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know about anything there, just the general transphobia of TYT as of late. I’m just done with anyone who can’t say that trans people are entitled to full human rights, rather than questions about right to exist… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
2 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

At the same time, student protestors have expressed concern that politicians often conflate criticism of Israel’s government with antisemitism. Netanyahu recently described the college protestors as “antisemitic mobs.”

“I reject very strongly the suggestion that if people are concerned and raise strong concerns about the military that makes one anti-Semitic. That is just not the case,” Sanders said. “I really find it outrageous that Netanyahu wants to hide the outrageous military behavior of his government behind the terrible image of antisemitism.”

Just as criticizing the government of Italy or Ireland does not make one anti-Italian, or anti-Irish, criticizing the government of Israel doesn’t make one anti-Jewish or anti-Semitic, he added.

But at the same time, Sanders acknowledged that anti-Semitism and Islamophobia are on the rise.

“I would say to any protestors whether it is anti-Semitism or racism against Muslim students, Black students or gay students is unacceptable. It is not what a peace movement is about,” he said. “And I strongly condemn it.”

7 Likes

If they didn’t hide when the army came to kill they would be terrorists and justify calling in air strikes to level the place.

Resisting murder of children by the IDF is something the West is very comfortable with describing as “terrorism”.

5 Likes

Bloomberg:
Saudi Arabia Steps Up Arrests Of Those Attacking Israel Online

4 Likes

Case in point. BBC-level obfuscation.

4 Likes

“If passed by the Senate and signed into law, the bill would broaden the legal definition of antisemitism to include the “targeting of the state of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity.” Critics say the move would have a chilling effect on free speech throughout college campuses.

“Speech that is critical of Israel alone does not constitute unlawful discrimination,” Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., saidduhearing Tuesday. “By encompassing purely political speech about Israel into Title VI’s ambit, the bill sweeps too broadly.”

:unamused:

7 Likes

Giving the force of law to the false conflation of antisemitism with opposing genocide/apartheid by another (?) government is scary. First Amendment, indeed.

6 Likes
1 Like

But but… the state of Israel is a Jewish collectivity. It’s inherently a religious state!

Israel is the Jewish homeland, forever may it stand. But don’t you dare conceive of it that way!

Surely there’s a name for the logical fallacy going on there…

7 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Doesn’t the US say FU to ICC? Doesn’t seem like those threats would mean much to a Senator.

3 Likes