Issues with notifications?

I’ve stopped getting notifications again. I’m still getting them for likes, but not for quotes or replies.

1 Like

Do you see this notification?

1 Like

Yes, now I do.

1 Like

@codinghorror I’ve stopped getting Reply notifications again. Still getting Like notifications.

I don’t know whether or not I’m getting Quote or @LDoBe notifications.

1 Like

How 'bout now?

1 Like

Nope. Didn’t see it.

Same here! Mine stopped sometime over the past hour or two, Eastern time. It happened around the same time yesterday, and was fixed when I checked around noon.

Is the rebake still going on @zogstrip?

We’re taking you to a clambake.

Just got a pile of Reply Notifications, @codinghorror. Thanks.

Same here! Thank you and your elves.

It was done in a day. About when @sam said it was done.

1 Like

@codinghorror @zogstrip @sam the Notifications have stopped again. I don’t know if likes work, but Reply notifications have Definitely stopped for me again. I’m also getting a “read-only” mode warning occasionally that prevents posting.

1 Like

Bump, in case @codinghorror isn’t getting notifications either.

2 Likes

Got my Delayed notifications just now.

What’s going on? I thought the rebake was finished yesterday?

Can you be a little less quick to jump on the “things aren’t working” gun? Maybe stuff gets a little delayed around the time of backups? Give it an hour maybe?

It is definitely weird that something is interrupting normal notification updates though @sam.

1 Like

I was just curious. I didn’t mean to say anyone was doing a bad job. It’s just a little weird that this has happened three days in a row. I don’t know what’s going on. Maybe you have a dev blog I don’t know about?

Seriously, you do a stellar job. This is the first problem I’ve even noticed with the site, and I know you do a lot of work, and I appreciate that it’s all free.

:scissors:====Slack4U====

My reply notifications were delayed also, again at about the same time. My notices from about midnight to 2 AM eastern just started appearing.

What @LDoBe said! I am not offering this as criticism, but as info to assist in development and administration efforts, which are appreciated.

We are a paid service here on BB now so it’s completely fair to ask.

I just think maybe give it an hour or two next time since every previous time it has started up again, why wouldn’t this time be any different?

We still want to get to the root of the source of the interruptions, of course!

I didn’t know if you had to tweak something each time to make them come back, so I reported it.

Noted, I’ll be more patient and give it a few hours before raising a stink again.