Badges died?

Not that I need the validation, but the badge notifications and awards system appears to be dead.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with enjoying the validation of badges, they’re there for a reason!

What do you mean by “died”, though? I received a “popular link” badge and notification only 15 hours ago - what specifically is missing?

3 Likes

Hmm, maybe it’s a me thing. Not getting notifications when passing certain “like” thresholds (for example.)

2 Likes

I was just noticing that I haven’t gotten a “nice reply” notification so far today as well. To echo OP, it’s not a huge deal, but just something I was noticing.

2 Likes

There are two system settings, one about collapsing like notifications when you get 3 or more at once, and one about treating any similar notification received within a two-hour period as one notification. I don’t know when these were added or if they are new, but perhaps that’s the behaviour you are seeing?

2 Likes

Maybe, though checking my “nice reply” badge doesn’t show recent awards, so I feel like a queue got stuck or a call failed.

Still not a big deal, but there’s a short somewhere in the system.

2 Likes

we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges

23 Likes

Ha! More that I care for various systems, and sometimes insignificant failures indicate larger issues lurking in the hedgerow.

3 Likes

Ah, that did it, whatever “that” was. The notifications are flowing again. :bowing_man:

6 Likes

Speaking of broken bits, I can’t seem to take back a like after 24 hours. Was reading a post from yesterday where I liked one of the comments, and decided I wanted to retract the like… can’t do so, just get a circle with slash (no) icon instead of being able to click on it. Checked another post to test for repeatability and same scenario. Is this new?

Likes are permanent after a short time, like five minutes

6 Likes

Be better.

(Sorry :grin: )

5 Likes

COMING SOON: Being even more the most bestest!

6 Likes

It is important to have unachievable goals.

3 Likes

I have unachievable goals right now!

6 Likes

It’s all about the expectations.

HardtofindTheseAphid-size_restricted

4 Likes

For example, if I did that we could expect me never to be able to stand again!
I hope I’d at least get a participation badge.

6 Likes

Really? I guess I never noticed that. Wonder what the justification is?

Still seeing badge issues? :thinking:

Not I, although I also haven’t made any badgeworthy comments lately. That’s on me, not Discourse. :smirk:

2 Likes