It just got easier to change your gender in California, thanks to 2 new laws

I’d like to be an area of pristine natural beauty.

1 Like

I absolutely agree that we need more data. I try to participate in as many reputable surveys/studies of trans folks as I come across for that reason.

That’s very interesting about the lack of breast cancer. I wonder if it has anything to do with the age at which people transition, the relative infrequency of transfeminine folks getting to a Tanner V, or what?

1 Like

Nice! I’ve been trying to think of a case where having a gender marker on your license is somehow better or more accurate than just asking an individual and I can’t really come up with something. There are cases where it would make it simpler or easier, but that’s not really the same thing.

4 Likes

Yep!

samsies

Putting their gender assigned at birth misgenders them.

8 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

7 Likes

You hit the nail on the head. There are valuable insights that can be gleaned by knowing whether someone was transgender at death. It’s just difficult to do analysis without any data.

This is what that information should be included on death certificates. It can be used to improve the lives of future generations.

And this would be exactly the reason for having boosted numbers/info gathering. Worrisome if misused for sure, but very necessary to have accurate medical information etc…

Having things be a “coin toss” when it comes to medicine/your health is simply not acceptable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.