It might be a bad idea to order refurbished Pixel phones from Google

You know those reviews on Amazon, where the reviewer complains about the handling of his package by UPS or the speed of the delivery, and not about the actual product? I always make it a point to mark those as unhelpful.

3 Likes

Amazon packers are on a countdown timer and throw any shit together. I guess Google workers have time to think about it.

2 Likes

My problem the last month has been Prime items not arriving on time. Next-day delivery that got rescheduled twice, and after a week I canceled the order and re-ordered … and then it came the next day. And then two more packages that didn’t show up. My friend pre-ordered the Switch the moment they offered pre-orders, and his didn’t arrive today as scheduled.

I pay for Prime because I’m addicted to instant gratification, so that’s super annoying when I don’t get it.

2 Likes

I call bullshit.

1. Most likely a 3rd party seller and not Fulfilled by Amazon. I try to not order anything that isn’t sold by Amazon directly anymore. Not even Fulfilled by Amazon. And just because an item shows Prime shipping, that doesn’t mean it’s coming from an Amazon warehouse.
  2. No way I’d trust this guy. Whistling, exaggerating, clearly signs of deception. A refurbished Pixel costs closer to $500 than $1000. The boxes show hardly any denting, especially the phone box inside the packaging. If it was from shipping the phone box would be much more dented from rattling around.

On another note, the article makes a false statement as well, the phone was not loose in the box, the phone was is it’s original packaging. Those boxes are surprisingly strong.

I get ~50 packages a year ordered from Amazon (Subscribe and Save), and rarely have packaging problems. Only 1 time last year, and I’m not sure it wasn’t USPS. Amazon still replaced the item and I had the new one in 2 days.

Like I said, the seller makes a huge difference in how it’s shipped. I’ve seen a difference between Sold by Amazon and Fulfilled by Amazon even though they are both coming from Amazon warehouses.

3 Likes

I’m on the third page of search results for “Google Pixel buy refurbished” and can’t find anything but 3rd party (shady) resellers and reposts like this. Did you do anything BoingBoing to verify this as real?

1 Like
2 Likes

This is what huge corporations have created. Anyone in the supply chain that might raise an objection gets branded as a troublemaker, and misses their next performance review. As long as an employee shuts up, and punches the keyboard, a paycheck is sure to arrive the following Friday.

Now, this is the first “unboxing”-like video I can relate to!

I had a situation similar to yours. I was offered same-day delivery on something that I was ordering, so I took it. It didn’t show up until late the next day. I wrote Amazon to complain, and was offered an extra month on my Prime subscription. I took it, but I wonder if they also changed my status, because I can’t really remember the last time I was offered free same-day delivery on anything that I’ve ordered since.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.