It turns out classical musicians were basically rock stars

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/22/it-turns-out-classical-musicia.html

Baroque stars, surely?

17 Likes

Ooooooh, Rock me Amadeus.

7 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve been saying that for thirty years.

4 Likes

Am classical musician, can confirm.

You have not seen dissipation and debauchery till you’ve been in the green room after a symphony concert. It’s pretty much wall-to-wall groupies and drugs.

And that’s nothing compared to the Recorder Society meetings. The stuff that happens in the Episcopal church basement on a Sunday afternoon would make your hair curl. So many people don’t realize that recorders come in many other sizes besides the soprano recorder you learned to play in 2nd grade music class. You would not believe the many uses of a tenor recorder…

14 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not…either way, I’m aroused

7 Likes

this one time. at band camp.

10 Likes

Because the statute of limitations hasn’t expired, I can’t go into details. Suffice it to say that, while the best recorders are still made of wood, most of the recorders you’ll see at a meeting are made of ABS and this is a good thing because they can go in the dishwasher.

10 Likes

I can attest that Lisztomania is a terrible movie to watch with your mother on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

3 Likes

Noted.

I’ll add it to the Liszt.

5 Likes

Few recommendations:

Rainer Hersch’s All Classical Music Explained

and

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.