Italian judge rules sexual assaults that last less than 10 seconds are not crimes

This.

Any enterprising Italians want to film themselves grabbing the judge’s ass for 8 seconds? Seems you could go viral while also NOT committing a crime.

6 Likes

I was going to say something similar, but with knives or guns.

Well, the knife or bullet wasn’t inside his body for more than 10 seconds, so it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Y’all know that that is not how all this works, right? You grope a judge, you’re going to go to jail. Full stop. It doesn’t matter what the ruling was here. This is about “putting women in their place” and nothing more.

8 Likes

The mafia doesn’t “discourage criminals.” The mafia is comprised of criminals, including criminals who can commit sexual assault with impunity because they know their fellow scumbags will have their back. Hell, sexual exploitation is a major part of their business model.

When it comes to sexual assault in Italy and elsewhere organized crime is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

8 Likes

Oh, it’s fine, though! It’ll be fine! I’m sure there are some woke mafiosos!

5 Likes

The Mafioso are all men of honor, not like those other violent criminals! I saw it in a movie once!

8 Likes

the sopranos hbo GIF

They care about family. and revere their women!

9 Likes

Runs after Mindysan and Brainspore, waving a /s tag Here, you forgot this! :laughing:

5 Likes

“My knee was in contact with your testicles for less than 10 seconds, so it’s fine.”

5 Likes

It’s almost certain that the prosecutor will appeal, and after that it’s also possible another appeal to the Supreme court. It’s quite possible that the sentece will be overturned in appeal. I’ve read more on Italian newspapers and because it was a full aquittal and not reduced to simple assault, I think it’s easy for the prosecutor to win the appeal.

7 Likes

Assassinations of high-profile figures are a better sign than roving militias

It can be, but that can also happen in states that aren’t considered failed by the normal definitions. Russia is the obvious example.

2 Likes

Someone Shrug GIF

:wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.