Shirtless New York Supreme Court judge attacks cop in footage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/14/shirtless-new-york-supreme-court-judge-attacks-cop-in-footage.html

6 Likes

A prime example of all this White on White crime we hear about.
/s
or usual don’t because… privilege?

19 Likes

Weird how some people can just walk through life like utter shitbags and not have to answer for their behavior. I wonder what the common thread is…

29 Likes

That’s allot of ruckus over a parking spot.

Honestly I’m tired of guys like this being appointed to positions of “high power”. We really need to start doing psyche evals for violent behavior if you’re going to be a judge, coo or similar.

14 Likes

9 Likes

This guy shouldn’t be a judge and should probably be in jail, but I just like to remind people that the NY court system is named oddly, and the Supreme Courts are the lowest levels. (What most people would think of as a NY “Supreme Court” is called the NY Court of Appeals.)

22 Likes

The GIFs not working, but I know it’s from the Godzilla “Let them fight” scene.

4 Likes

Mark Grisanti voted in favor of the Marriage Equality Act in 2011, one of only four Republicans in the state senate to do so and was subsequently primaried out of office.

1 Like

He was a Republican state senator for four years before being awarded NY Supreme Court Justice by Andrew Cuomo.

2 Likes

People have posted the GIF quite a bit recently, so I figured a still would get recognised.

I was right!

2 Likes

In a better world, every single defendant in New York facing charges for “resisting arrest” should introduce this as evidence into the record, and every single state’s attorney should be required to explain to the jury why one deserves charging but the other does not.

(as a practical matter, there’s absolutely no way you could ever get this brought into evidence in a trial, but goddammit it would be great if it could)

15 Likes

A Supreme Court Judge that says “dude”. . . .

I know that seems undignified, but he doesn’t say “dude” in court, there he says “bro!”

1 Like

I prefer remembering them in happier times. This is their wedding photo:

2 Likes

See! Cops don’t always shoot black people that behave like this! Wait…they’re not black? That would explain why they’re still alive.

1 Like

I came here for that. Thanks.

On a side note, Courtney Thorne Smith joins the ranks of actors with 3 successful TV series under their belt
(Defined as main cast, 5 seasons or greater or 100+ episodes, not documentary)

No good guys here. Cops were on just as much of a power trip. Whenever law enforcement is on both sides of a dispute, entitlement is through the roof.

4 Likes

No one got shot or tazed, despite being actually threatening and assaulting a police officer. Us mere mortals would be prosecuted (or worse if we happened to have the wrong skin tone) like we punched the cop in face for so much as laying a finger them.

It’s time to impeach this idiot at the absolute very least.

2 Likes

A someone who lives in a much more rural area south of the city, everyone involved in this incident are of the type I immediately think of when it comes to white privilege. It’s very obvious based upon just the action in the video itself, but even the specific accents in use really stand out to me as being from a particular social strata.

4 Likes

I just wish that my home city could, once in a while, make the news for something positive.