It's back! British Conservative politicians' habitual "go ahead, kick me in the balls, I can take it" pose

Consider this stolen.

Yes, “exaggeration” was the wrong word. There really isn’t much moral difference between “British citizens being deliberately deported” and “entirely lawful British residents (some of whom may in fact have been citizens) being threatened with deportation, taken to detention centres, denied re-entry to the country and quite possibly actually deported (but no one seems to know for sure, not even the people whose job it is to do the deporting), unless they could jump through the Kafkaesque hoops the Government decided to pull out of its backside forty-plus years after the fact”.

I retract the word, but confess I can’t think of an alternative to convey the sense that “the story presented is not quite right, but the real story is just as appalling”.

2 Likes

I think ‘exaggeration’ is fine. ‘Gloss’ would do as well.

As you say the actual story is at least as appalling, the brief summary Cory gave sort of slides over the worst bits.

2 Likes

This is in no way a criticism, but I’m struggling to think of two more dissimilar genres.

Maybe it was a typo.

3 Likes

Are you talking about “the bear,” the guy who went to Penn State, by chance?

Are those steel toe? Because if they’re not, I’ll lend you a pair of mine.

This is the first day in months that I’m not wearing Doctor Martens boots.

1 Like

I fully understand the struggle.

1 Like
1 Like

How does he do that? Is he retracting them back into his body or something?

It’s a shitty pose…

1 Like

I haven’t the faintest idea.

1 Like

They are worried that we don’t all know what utter twats they are.

The polls have closed for the local elections today, now we wait and see how much of Britain has accepted the Tories offer.

Everyone is being cautious right now.

Macbeth!

1 Like

Not a lot has happened in the local elections to be honest, other than the collapse of Ukip.

It has been 18 years since Oxford last elected a Conservative to the council though. I think most Conservative voters have given up and just vote Lib Dem in the hope of keeping Labour and the Green Party out.

Well, what has happened it seems to me is that the Conservatives can breathe easy knowing that they have succesfully managed to keep the rabid Eurosceptics just happy enough and that they don’t need to worry about Labour.

So basically back to where we were before the last general election put the wind up them.

As long as they keep being just xenophobic enough to keep the Brexiters happy without pissing the ultra-wealthy off too much, they can cling to power.

Far be it from me to discourage the steel-toe special, but may I offer this classic (and classy!) alternative from Q division?

2 Likes

Nope, don’t know that one…

A furry fellow showed up at a medieval sport combat event in PA (which I should point out was not in keeping with the character of the event and non-medieval dress is literally against the rules).

The poor goob made the entirely avoidable mistake of asking a young woman to kick him in the testicles. People, don’t do that. And especially don’t do that when you’re talking to a highly athletic and very small person who enjoys doing simulated lethal combat with much larger people as a competitive sport.

Not to be pedantic, but Rosa Klebb’s footwear was supplied by Spectre.

2 Likes