It's not AI until a robot can take an acid trip

When you post an image (uploading it, I mean), you can add a tag by including this: title=“write whatever text you want and it will show up as a tag” inside the final do-hicky, meaning this guy >.

2 Likes

OK, but I might fuck it up anyhow…

1 Like

Look, if incompetent me can do it, you can do it… trust me.

3 Likes

Based what I have seen from deep dream, it is dogs all the way down…

Didn’t scroll down far enough @LDoBe beat me to it

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that the solution is an external hallucinogen simulator for intelligent machines. you’re not living in the future until your toaster experiences withdrawal symptoms.

3 Likes

A problem so fundamental to any discussion of artificial consciousness, and yet so rarely addressed head on.

We can only ever know we have created an AI that is functionally equivalent to human consciousness.

There is no way we will ever know if we have created actual consciousness as we experience it, just as there is no way of knowing that any other entity experiences consciousness the way I experience it.

Ex Machina is still awesome though.

2 Likes

At first glance, I thought “incompetent” was “incontinent”, I know more coffee, STAT!

1 Like

Does being dissolved in a mineral acid count as an acid trip?

Only if the acid is washed away.

What exactly does “beyond computation” mean in this case?.. he’s arguing that computers can’t simulate minds? I’m simply curious what his argument here are.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.