It's now official: No pooping on NYC subways and buses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/24/its-now-official-no-pooping-on-nyc-subways-and-buses.html

1 Like

C’mon…this year just keeps getting worse and worse!

14 Likes

As if anyone who would drop a deuce on a bus or train has $100 to pay a fine. Or if it’s that urgent someone might just figure it’s worth a bill. They’re probably gonna wipe with it first.

6 Likes

No, the article in The Post actually spelled the word correctly. It derives from feces.

3 Likes

giphy (81)

Does it include these two social floaters?

2 Likes

Call me old fashioned but isn’t this just a tad unconstitutional? After a long day chained to a desk I depended on that clickety clack motion to stimulate a proper evacuation.
Now I hang my ass by the railroad tracks,
Waitin’ on the Double E,
But the train don’t run by here no more,
Poor poor pitiful me.

5 Likes

Fixed. Thanks!

2 Likes

good thing that it’s written into the law. some people may not have been aware it was wrong.

2 Likes

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to poop in the subway.”

– Anatole France.

25 Likes

Go to rural Japan- where local line trains have toilets, but they are all squat toilets.

When you’re going up switchbacks into the hills, imagine reeeeeealy having to go.

You ever use a squat toilet on a moving train going up an incline on switchbacks in an area so remote, the next stop was an hour away?

10 Likes

Well, shit, now where am I supposed to go? Listen to the voices and go to the salad bar at Wendy’s?

(Anyone who gets that reference gets 1000 internet points."

1 Like

It seems a little unfair, given the NYC subway makes so little effort to provide working public restroom facilities. Seriously.

9 Likes

(angrily cancels trip to NYC)

8 Likes

Why is this giving me a flashback to my first cross-country trip on Amtrak? :thinking: Oh yeah, low commodes + no seat covers = :grimacing:

5 Likes

Even worse on the old Soviet trains in eastern Europe (though the sleeper compartments are nice enough).

4 Likes

Can you still carry it with you in a pickle jar? Asking for Anton Jack…er, a friend.

3 Likes

Ugh. I was on a train in China once with just a foot wide hole in the floor for the bathroom. And by foot, I mean the thing you put your shoe on. You could watch the rail ties zooming past the splattered hole. You brace against the walls, hoping you don’t slip and have your leg chewed off as the train bounces along like some airplane in turbulence.

That’s some scary shit!

7 Likes
6 Likes

I didn’t think anything could beat the experience I have but congratulations you won :rofl:

was it like a rough cut hole with a Sawzall or was there a proper rim to it?

2 Likes

It may have had a proper rim originally, but carved by Sawzall looking would be an apt description at that point. I just wanted to get out of there.

Second worst toilet ever!

2 Likes