I've been writing a book for 25 years

Originally published at: I've been writing a book for 25 years | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Geez, buddy. I had no idea. But then most everyone is carrying around the weight of generations and their own faults without tipping their hand.

I’m glad you’re still with us. I’m glad you’ve found other Happy Mutants. I’m glad you’re able to look at your past work and empathize enough with who you were to tolerate it; I’m not. I’m glad that you’ve found someone who understands enough of you to tolerate all of you. I’m glad for your writing and look forward to reading more. Maybe even that book one day.

14 Likes

I felt that deeply in my soul. Thank you for sharing your story.

5 Likes

The single biggest improvement to my mental health that has ever occurred in my life was the day I decided to quit trying to get a PhD and stop writing my damned thesis, completely erasing hundreds of pages of work and starting over every few weeks for years on end.

6 Likes

It seems the current iteration of Vancouver has less of a tendency to chew newcomers up and spit them back from whence they came, or else I’m just too damned stubborn. Been here for over 3 decades and still remember not being hired in the early days because I wasn’t referred by a local.
Post-Covid, the BC contingent needs to gather for dinner.

2 Likes

Beat ya. Been working on mine for 30.

:frowning_face:

3 Likes

Hang in there bud. I’ll read it if you want.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re back, even with more worry scars. Maybe this improbable year will be the one that scratches the itch and reveals what you need.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.