I've watched this video of optical illusion drawings over and over and still get surprised

Originally published at: I've watched this video of optical illusion drawings over and over and still get surprised | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I am not seeing the illusion.

This is all that I see.

(I am not willing to give instagram my email address.)

21 Likes

Thank you.

Does the illusion depend on the fact that it is filmed or will it work in person with one eye closed?

You beat me to it. I’d very much like to see this, but not enough to sign up with Facebook Jr.

5 Likes

It is a type of anamorphic projection, it will work in real life (with both eyes open) if the viewer sees it from the right position (dependent on their eye-level height, this position will vary). The effect works best if part of the subject extends beyond a simplified base (like the glass illusion) and relies on extreme perspective. It is used by many pavement artists and occasionally in retail/events.

5 Likes

It’s a kind of blindsite that makes you especially capable of fighting aliens, vampires and corporations because you aren’t fooled by such optical illusions.

Social media is the biggest illusion of them all

3 Likes

I find it unlikely this is the only place on the internet this exists. Especially since döuyin is an app and artlifefeatures is described as an influencer. There doesn’t seem to be any credit. My search skills suck. A little help?

The one I can never “see” correctly is that rotating 3D paper dragon thing. It always flips my vision out, never “locks in” to reality.

Not saying that you should, but you could use the facebook container for Firefox.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.