IVF Ruling by AL Supreme Court avoids "God's wrath"

From AP News:

When the Alabama Supreme Court ruled that frozen embryos are considered children under state law, its chief justice had a higher authority in mind.

By citing verses from the Bible and Christian theologians in his concurring opinion, Chief Justice Tom Parker alarmed advocates for church-state separation, while delighting religious conservatives who oppose abortion.

Human life, Parker wrote, “cannot be wrongfully destroyed without incurring the wrath of a holy God, who views the destruction of His image as an affront to Himself.”

A surprise to no one.

2 Likes

But isn’t the god of Jesus a merciful and loving god?

2 Likes

Hit a paywall, so…

https://archive.ph/CpxcS

3 Likes

How many terrorist attacks have been perpetrated by right-wing extremists compared to what the average person thinks terrorists are?

4 Likes

Lately, the right wing is doing the vast majority of such attacks… I think in 2023 in the US, pretty much all of them were by the right wing.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that some Evangelicals are still fighting the good fight and reminding us which lives really matter:

3 Likes

I remember hearing this thought experiment, and marvelling at its clarity. It’s very interesting reading it from a “good fight” Evangelical’s point of view. It’s like a breath of fresh air reading someone as they consider their views, and not simply tell me I have to believe theirs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.