Jack Black's song about Peaches from the new Super Mario Bros movie gets the Lyrical Lemonade treatment

Originally published at: Jack Black's song about Peaches from the new Super Mario Bros movie gets the Lyrical Lemonade treatment | Boing Boing

1 Like

I love Jack Black, but if I’m going to listen to a song about peaches, it’s going to be this one every time.

3 Likes

Or this one.

In retrospect, now that I understand the lyrics, I’m a bit ashamed.
The 14 YO in me still finds the music catchy.

1 Like

Or how about a song BY Peaches…

2 Likes

Anybody who is sitting on the fence about going to see this movie should know that the New York Times movie critic hated it which of course means it’s a great movie despite this silly song.

Everything about the movie except for the visuals feels phoned in

Probably not because of a lack of passion from the creators, probably caused by Nintendo’s corporate reservedness and lawyerly thinking (somewhat justified by their experience with 1993’s Super Mario Bros.)

I’m not going to get into spoilers but this movie was the exact opposite of what I expected it to be based on the early games.
You did actually go to the movie didn’t you @tijtij?

Wow, Jack black really got to show off on this one. It’s so silly and good at the same time. love it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.