The final trailer for The Super Mario Bros Movie brings the heat

Originally published at: The final trailer for The Super Mario Bros Movie brings the heat | Boing Boing

1 Like

I still hate that Pratt is Mario. I know it was done partially as a attention grab but he’s been in so much that it just pulls me out of enjoying it. At least his Lego voice was slightly different.

2 Likes

It’s funny how everything is as you would expect Nintendo-approved Mario to be, then Chris Pratt’s voice turns up. While the stupid cartoon goombah voice was obviously not going to happen in a real movie that normal people are supposed to go to, I’m not sure it’s worse than Pratt by Chris Pratt for Chris By Chris Pratt in Collaboration with Chris Pratt for Chris by Chris Pratt.

3 Likes

winona-ryder-confused-maths

4 Likes

This does look like some good quality fun for kiddos. Mine are (thankfully) too old (and too cool) to want to watch this, so I don’t need to watch it, but it doesn’t look terrible.

1 Like

I must have watched a different trailer, because in the one I saw, Jack Black and Khary Payton are going hard, Charlie Day and Anna Taylor Joy are doing solid work, and Chris Pratt is… I mean, at least it’s not literally his normal speaking voice but that’s about all.

1 Like

Someone is surely going to make an alternative dub wherein all the Pratt dialog is replaced with unintelligible Martinet rambling.

Up until this latest trailer I was more inclined to believe it might be a decent movie, but now it just looks like it has a good chance of being overstuffed and incomprehensible. I shall await the reviews.

This really looks incredible for an animated movie by Illumination.
My guess is that Nintendo and Miyamoto were breathing down their necks real hard not to fuck this up.

Yup. And I’m not saying I would want to have the amazing Charles Martinet doing the dialog the entire time because I’d probably go insane, but it just feels so Pratt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.