James Gunn is almost done with the new "DC Universe Bible"

I had this one - Shazam! (1981 - Filmation) Opening Theme - YouTube

3 Likes

The most famous all-in Marvel books are probably Secret Wars and Infinity War. It took them 10 years of slow walking to get to Infinity War and it’s not the same as the book in many many ways. Secret Wars looks to go next.

You couldn’t possibly lead with COIE. Why would they care about, much less understand, why multiple Supermen are around?

6 Likes

There’s probably more adaptable stories, but I’d love something bizarre like that as a story, I’d rather have something I had to watch 3 times to catch the stuff that flew over my head instead of the movies they’d been pumping out which are just forgettable really. I might not be the target audience anymore though so I wont hold my breath.

2 Likes

I watched those when I was little, and loved Isis. A badass science teacher kicking villainous ass? Oh, yes, please. The Egypt part made it even better. I actually subscribed to the short-lived comic book.

Never understood how changing Billy from a healthy-looking, cute young guy into a heavy middle-aged man was any benefit, but that was Shazam!

6 Likes

Yeah, I remember DC even put out a comic index guide for Crisis in an attempt to describe (and for another sale, natch) what was going on in the series and who died where. That whole thing was messy.

4 Likes

Was Crisis the inspiration for Who’s Who in the DC Universe? Or are you referring to something else?

2 Likes

Ha! I was wrong. I was thinking of about History of the Dc Universe, which was pretty much their "Ok (deep breath) here’s where we stand after all this Crisis stuff. " Then, there’s these two Crisis indexes:Official DC Index - Wikipedia . My guess is Who’s Who was probably inspired by the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe. My head is spinning. I give up. To reiterate: What a mess.

3 Likes

… adapting Crisis on Infinite Earths into a movie would be like including all of América Chávez’s contradictory origin stories in the last Doctor Strange film—yes, it could be done, but what would be the point :confused:

4 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.