Jan 6: Just going along with the fascism?

They believe in vague talking points and mythologies designed to protect various power structures without sounding like it. I doubt many of them want “small government” so that corporations can milk the government and dodge accountability.

It just sounds nice and fits into how they feel about the one time they had to pay taxes or had a permit denied.

No, you’re just wrong; full stop.

4 Likes

Also:

Stop making excuses for fascists.

6 Likes

I believe I called these people proto nazis but I don’t think it does us any good to simplify what’s happening here.

But downplaying the insidiousness of an attempted coup does “us” some ‘good’… how, exactly?

6 Likes

This is just pure gaslighting. We all saw what happened. T****’s own people were turning away people with firearms at the rally until he ordered them to allow it. The insurrection was planned and most of the participants knew what was going down. They were discussing it on fucking Facebook!

9 Likes

People had shirts made, it’s not a “spontaneous oopsie” when you go to a printer with a design.

10 Likes

We’ve also heard from people after the fact, and except for the moments they are in front of a court, a lot of them stand by what they did. That’s not what happens when you are merely swept up in the moment, that’s what happens when you believe in the cause.

10 Likes

7 Likes

They are just good Nazis. But you know what a good Nazi is? A Nazi. 'nuff said.

6 Likes

Apparently, your logic was just too much for that gentle soul to handle.

I wish them well on whatever site they next join, to continue downplaying the seriousness of fascism and attempted coups.

8 Likes

Eddie Murphy Whatever GIF by Coming to America

6 Likes

The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were already reconning at the Capitol Building while Trump was speaking.

They showed up for a rally that they didn’t attend? I don’t think so.

4 Likes

And it wasn’t just the OKs and PBs. Half of the rally crowd had wandered over from the rally to the capitol before T**** even told them to.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.