Jared Kushner's family real estate business fined $210,000 by New York regulators

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/kushner-fined.html

3 Likes

A gentle slap on the wrist for Kush & Krew.

18 Likes

Yup. Inconsequential repercussions when compared to the rewards of fraud. Probably why Kushner seems to fill out paperwork fraudulently by reflex.

17 Likes

The whole cadre of goons associated with 45 can’t do anything but lie. It’s like an instinct to them.

I wish the old maxim of “cheaters never prosper” were true.

12 Likes

Hey, that’s enough to get his father-in-law laid, and a tip for the lawyer too.

8 Likes

A sleazy family that often hides behind a beard of religious piety. Check out what Jared’s dad did:

The witness, by the way, was his own brother-in-law.

12 Likes

skeptical_house

18 Likes

$210,000? Surely they can just leave the Treasury printing presses running a few seconds longer than normal to cover the cost for the unfairly treated Kuschner klan. Those $100s will fall off the back of the truck like an Eric Prince government contract and all will be taken care of.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe that adage was started by someone who took the cheaters’ tax returns at face value.

5 Likes

Or enough to buy a full 14 months of silence from a former employee.

Or about a dozen ostrich jackets for Manafort.

10 Likes

Yep. A few orders of magnitude too small. Remember that McDonald’s hot coffee suit? Millions of dollars, BUT that actually represented about one days worth of world wide coffee sales alone. It did seem to cause the company to fix the idiotically hot coffee that they were serving and damages for which they had settled out of court up til then.

2 Likes

Man, that’ll sure show them! Why, it’ll make them think twice before the next time they file false paperwork on their buildings, allowing them to sell them off at a profit of… /checks notes… $30 million.
Wait, fuck. A fine of less than 1% of the illicit profits they made? As John Rogers likes to say, “a fine is a price” [of doing business]. In this case, only just barely. What a farce.

As slaps on wrists go, this one was delivered by a particularly feeble ant.

Eh, it’s no big deal - it’s just a rounding error as far as the Kushners are concerned. No need for anyone to go any work to “correct” it or anything.

10 Likes

I was smirking at this line in Kushner’s statement - “We look forward to presenting the facts before an administrative law judge and until then no amount is due.”
In other words - f*ck you until after we litigate it down. They’ll spend much more on lawyers than they would if they simply paid it and walked away.

3 Likes

Frivolous litigation is also a reflex for the corruption class.

4 Likes

So when the Trump clan is screwing people the lawyer only gets the tip?

1 Like

How cruel! Ow, ow, you brute!

You know, if you want to end this sort of thing, a $210K fine isn’t going to effect people with wealth. These cost of doing business fines are pretty frustrating.

@Entity447B I have been shown the error of my ways, again.

I might be being oversensitive, but maybe we should ease off on the rape jokes in general?

1 Like