Jeff Koons stainless steel rabbit for sale

If I was stupidly rich I’d give it to that weird exhibitionist guy who sold all those reflective objects on eBay just to give himself plausible deniability for posting nude selfies in a public marketplace.

4 Likes

I know artists that worked for Koons making steel sculptures and they were quite happy about the work. And yes making those forms with a mirror finish out of 3/8" thick stainless is very difficult.

2 Likes

I most definitely prefer David Lynch’s Rabbits which is either a short horror series or a nine episode sitcom, depending on who you want to believe.

2 Likes

I see it as the difference between an architect and a building contractor. You might get a magnificently talented carpenter or brick mason but that doesn’t mean you refer to them as an architect.

3 Likes

That’s a good analogy. I’d add though, that anyone can call themselves an artist, but if you call yourself an architect without the stamp, the AIA will destroy your life :wink:

1 Like

This would be an ideal bit of art for James Bolivar deGriz to keep in his home.

Oh fucking licensure. Most of the great architects were never licensed and most licensed architects are hardly great. You just hire a licensed architect as project manager so they can stamp drawings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.